1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you burn band of brothers plz help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by zeki, Dec 15, 2002.

1. zeki

zeki Guest

Can someone who successfully burned this dvd plz help me.. i have some experience burning dvds but this one isn't working out the way i've tried with others. Can someone lead me toward the right direction plz. i don't like reencoding and stuff so i don't mind fitting it on 2 discs if there is way. i tried using ifoedit and splitting it but the files end up to be like 6 or 7 gigs on 1 disc and like 1gb on the other. any help will be appreciated

2. dvdnut

dvdnut Guest

I've done the whole series with out re-encoding. I used SmartRipper to do the individual shows. Demux to video and ac3 files. I also used the capture function in my player to do a capture of the menus. I then used spruceup to setup menus using the captured menus and put one show on each DVD-R. It's not a copy of the DVD but you get the video un-changed with ac3. I did all the DVDs this way including the bonus disk.

3. SevenVII

SevenVII Member

how many disks did you use total then?

4. zeki

zeki Guest

ok i'll try to do what u did

5. dvdnut

dvdnut Guest

For movies over 120 min. 2 Disk

6. grobemaus

grobemaus Member

I did the whole series as well. 5 disc, 2 episodes on each. Screen captured the menus with PowerDVD. I did re-encode since I didn't want to waste my DVD-Rs. Rip with smart ripper like dvdnut says but set file splitting to none. Of course this requires Win2k/XP since the resulting m2v is usually >4GB. I re-encoded with CCE, ran pulldown, then used Maestro to author. The only tricky thing is that on some disc they REVERSED the episode order in the video file. Got caught by this twice :( but anyway I now have all 5 disc 2 episodes/disc.

7. FIXXER

FIXXER Member

I did Band of Brothers on 10 discs, 1 episode per disc + 2 discs for making of. open ifo in ifoedit, strip streams 1 & 3 for first episode,2 & 3 for second. Easy