1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you burn over 700mb on a CD?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by HyperGrbl, Nov 20, 2002.

1. HyperGrbl

HyperGrbl Guest

im trying to burn IWD2 that I downloaded off Kazaa, but it's 778mb or something like that. i have easycd, not nero, but if i get nero is there anyway to do it? or what about on easycd?

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Some CD burning software allows for 'overburning' which may take advantage of some burnable dye which might lay beyond the rated size of the disc. This is very risky, however, as not only is the resulting CD not guaranteed to work, but could even damage your burner attempting to do it. I have tried overburning with some limited success, but you can't suddenly make a 72 minute CD run for 99 minutes! You might just get 778 MB on a CD if you are lucky, but I would not hold your breath.

Paul.

3. travel194

travel194 Guest

Comp USA used to sell 99 min cds i dont know if they still do did you check Ebay?

4. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

6. int3gr4

int3gr4 Member

you cant overburn 750 megabytes on a 700mb cd. if you absolutely have to burn this file on a cd then look for a 99min cd-rs on the internet but theyre horribly uneconomically priced, i can buy 10 name brand cds for the same amount as 1 no-name brand 99 minute cd.

7. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

int3gr4,

The 1st poster doesn't mention if it's a file or a CD image file. A 80min/700mb CD in mode-2 can hold 800mb.

8. travel194

travel194 Guest

It is a emige file a Dvix.

9. joeyking

joeyking Guest

To HyperGrbl. Try Virtual Dub for splitting Avi Video files you downloaded from Kazaa. It is very easy to do and it is Freeware. I am trying to split an Mpeg file but cant seem to find the right program maybe someone knows which one I can use. Thanks..JKS

10. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Joeyking, use TMPGenc. Also free to download and use (30 days MPEG 2 / unlimied MPEG 1)

Paul.

11. thekipper

thekipper Guest

There are only 4 drives that will support
    over burrning it does not matter which soft ware you use but nero is most configuable

12. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Only 4 drives that supports overburning? What are you babbling about, I have 2 here.