1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you check if PSP is modified

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by 99and1, Dec 15, 2007.

1. 99and1

99and1 Member

Well, i just bought a PSP and asked if it was modified.. he said it was modified but when i went home and tried to transfer the games, i cant play it... the screen just go blank... please help T_T

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Go to System Settings then System Information then look under System Software.

If there is just a version number (Example: 3.71) then it is not modified.

If it has letters like OE/SE/LE/M33/HX (Example: 3.71 M33) after the version number then it is modified with custom firmware.

If it has letters after the version number go HERE and follow the steps to get your ISO/CSO games working properly.

We can be more helpful if you look and reply back what it says under system software.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  3. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Usually PSP is not sold with CFW built in....
    You need to downgrade first depending on the FW your PSP is in when you bought it...

You could use the recovery files or pandora to downgrade then you could manual upgrade to CFW or use pandora to upgrade...to play downloaded games..
    Then you put your downloaded games in ms0:/ISO/ And play it in GAME>Memory Stick>

Enjoy..
    :)