1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you clean the ps2 lens ?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by jalfaro, Jan 3, 2005.

1. jalfaro

jalfaro Member

i open it and use a little cottom with alcohol on the lens, and do the ~move the white round thing to the left stuff~ and nothing cant read , how do you clean it correctly ?

2. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

That's fine, but you have to be careful you didn't use too much alcohol to clean it. Each disc basically has a different "reading" threshold, so keep turning the disc until you find out where the discs can be read. This may sound a bit tedious but it's better then buying a new PS2 or getting a new laser.

But if it turns out that no matter where you turn it and nothing reads, then your laser is dead, and you'll have to get a new laser or a new PS2.

3. jevo25

jevo25 Member

Oh no no, i can read ALL my dvds and cds BUT not the swap magic dvd and dragon quest 8,so its not the laser, i think is the swapd magic dvd, i tried to read it with the cd but i need a bigger TOC game , final fantasy x cant load dragon QUEST 8 ,it was playing ok and now the dvd swap 2.0 wont load.