1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you convert a TIVO file to a mpeg file?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by IrshSiren, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. collarme

collarme Regular member

I would suggest raising this topic in the VIdeoReDo forums http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/index.php (under 'Support'). They are very quick to answer any kind of question about mpeg, VOB, DVD etc.. If anyone's going to solve your problem it will probably be the VRD regulars.

2. trimjim

trimjim Member

Thanks I'll give it a shot and if I find out the answer I'll post back.

3. cooldim

cooldim Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008
  4. xzune

xzune Guest

a step by step guide to spam edited by ddp (free)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008
  5. wenospeak

wenospeak Member

Just tried the Direct Show Dump and it worked perfect. I'm on Windows XP Pro with all updates. I just installed the program, ran it, browsed for the tivo file and it just automatically converted it. Sweet!!

Thanks...

6. auvi5

auvi5 Guest

I also have Windows XP Pro with SP2 and the latest updates. But, everytime I attempt to install Direct Show Dump I get a message telling me I need to install Microsoft .NET verson 1.1.... I have version 2!

I have alot of Tivo movies I would like to transfer to disc.

I'm stumped at this point. I don't know how to salve this problem.

7. auvi5

auvi5 Guest

I also have Windows XP Pro with SP2 and the latest updates. But, everytime I attempt to install Direct Show Dump I get a message telling me I need to install Microsoft .NET verson 1.1.... I have version 2!

8. auvi5

auvi5 Guest

9. bluesbabe

bluesbabe Regular member

And, 10 years later, I too am stumped.

I have been downloading, decrypting, and saving Tivo videos for years using tivo desktop and directshow dump. They're easy as pie to use, and given a choice, I'd continue to do it exactly the same way. But I got a new laptop with Win7 Pro, and I can't install DSD without net framework 1.1 which apparently can't be installed on Win7. So I am trying to use KMTTG, which was clearly invented for people with sophisticated computing abilities. Let me be clear, here. I am proud to say I know where the on/off button is, on my laptop. That's about it.

I am trying very hard to understand and configure KMTTG. Tivo desktop downloads just fine, so all I need KMTTG to do is decrypt the files so I can save them as normal universal mpegs. When I open the page, there is a whole drop down list of "encoding profiles" starting with either ff or hb and I must choose one, but have no idea how to pick one over another. And just in case it's relevant, I currently have a Premier series 2 tivo, and I also have a new Bolt on the way, both of which will be in use.

For the record, I am open to other ways of doing it, if they exist. I'm not committed to KMTTG.

Can anyone assist me. here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.