1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You convert Mpeg2 files to A Format usable by DVD Burners??

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cashman1, Mar 27, 2005.

1. cashman1

cashman1 Guest

My video capture TV card outputs a mpeg2 file. Is there a freeware program that will convert this file to something usable by DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink so I can save off air material and burn it do DVD??

2. born1974

born1974 Member

If your mpeg file is ether 29.97 or 25 frames per sec. you can use TMPGE DVD author. just load the file and the go right to the output and put check in the box that says create ts folder. that's it then you can use any dvd burning software that uses ts folders. I believe TMPGE dvd author will ask you when it's done if you want to burn it with it's own dvd burning software. good luck.

3. cashman1

cashman1 Guest

Thank you both for the help... After trying several conversion programs I finally found one which would output a file I could load with Img tool Classic and burn with DVDDecrypter... You might want to look at DivxtoDVD, which is a free to try for 6 months converter and dvix viewer program. Will convert a number of formats.

Thanks again...