1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you copy multi episode dvds?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by elixir66, Feb 11, 2005.

1. elixir66

elixir66 Member

i am really new to this...only copied a handful of movies so far. i'm wanting to backup my buffy series and my family guy dvds. i am using DVD X COPY PLATINUM. i was told that i could do this using hte program, but being an amatuer i have no clue how to go about doing so. i'd love any help thanks

2. Tommo1

Tommo1 Member

Hi there. A 'newbie' on here myself, but crossed this bridge a long time ago. For total back-up (ie: identical to the original) I use DVDDecrypter, then run it through Clone DVD. (Clone will let you take out subtitles...etc to improve quality, but I've found the difference after compression to be negligible).
    DVD Shrink will let you copy individual episodes, but won't retain main menus. Of course the more you put onto a disc, the more the quality falls. I'm sure the guys on here will have a faster method hidden somewhere - let me know if you find it!

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi elixir66--
    I did the entire "Soprano's" series and also the entire "24" series using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter--both are free and available right here--I also have the Xcopy, but have not used it since I found this place. I did complete backups of those 2 series including main menus--the only thing I took out were foreign languages and that FBI warning thing--other than that, they are identical to the original's--I get 3 episodes per disk--When I was using the Xcopy, I could only get 2 episodes per disk--so I actually did the entire series again after finding this site. There is plenty of help here when(if) you need it. Spend a little time learning the two programs (Shrink, Decryptor)and I would practice with an RW disk until you have it down pat. Oh, always use high quality DVD media--NOT Memorex--Sony, Verbatim Datalife,Taiyo Yuden, Maxell and there are a few others--(Look for made in Japan)--Let us know what you do and how you make out--

Roger(Whitfield)

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

All the other media I mentioned are the good ones--only iffy one is Memorex--dont know if I made it clear