1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you copy XBox games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by aoe_do, Nov 24, 2004.

1. aoe_do

aoe_do Member

how do you back up a xbox game?

i modified my xbox with some sort of modchip, Xecuter 2. is this modchip good enough for backing up xbox games or do i need another modchip.I also have qwix and nero on my pc. the problem is i cannt get my xbox connected to my pc correctly... i connected my xbox with an regurlar network cable to my pc and stil wont detect my fusking xbox...
    QUESTIONS:
    1. What modchip do i need for backing up xbox games? (Xecuter 2??)
    2. what softwares do i need? ( am i good with the softwares listed above or [bold]is there software for detecting my bleeping xbox[/bold]
    3. How do i connect my xbox to my pc? (network cable)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  2. the_real_

the_real_ Member

ok..

for 1...yes Xecuter2 is a good chip
    for 2...not just a net cable...a CROSSOVER cable
    for 3...FlashFXP

maybe you should look harder for this info...its all over...even these forums....

and whats with the

--------~~~~~~~__~__---`-_~__~_--_~_~ stuff?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  3. aoe_do

aoe_do Member

thanks for being so helpfull and so mean...

--------~~~~~~~__~__---`-_~__~_--_~_~ stuff?
    for ur question i use it to grab someone's bleeping attention.

my question is--->>>> what is a crossover cable
    what is a FlashFXP software? where can i get it? do i install it onto my PS or XBOX?

4. aoe_do

aoe_do Member

How does FlashFXP works? step by step....websites?

Thanks anyway the_real_

5. the_real_

the_real_ Member

looks like you got alot of attention

6. the_real_

the_real_ Member

looks like you got alot of attention

a crossover cable is used to network two network cards together so that they can talk directly machine to machine

FlashFXP is an FTP client that you use to log into the xbox

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You caught my attention so while I'm here I'll let you know that you need to watch the language, be respectful of other users trying to help you and no more ridiculous thread titles. It's now been changed.

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

my question is--->>>> what is a crossover cable
    what is a FlashFXP software? where can i get it? do i install it onto my PS or XBOX?

Best buy has a good selection of crossover cables: http://tinyurl.com/4dxzj

I also suggest you get a Second NIC/Ethernet Card. Check them out here: http://tinyurl.com/4uu2k
    FlashFXP is a FTP program.Any ftp program will do, but for some reason, hackers like FlashFXP. I personally use WS_FTP Pro. If you don't know how to do basic FTP, then I suggest you leave this procedure alone before you really screw up your Xbox. I'm serious. If you end up FTPing the wrong files over, your Xbox WILL NOT play. So I suggest you read for at least a day about how to FTP to your xbox. Xbox scene has a good one right here: http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-backup-guide.php

9. aoe_do

aoe_do Member

Yeah!! i read through xbox scene thoroughly.
    I couldnt get pass the connection part. It kept saying : "Connection failed (Connection timed out)"
    I dont know whats wrong with it.
    im guessing is the IP address? right? and i didnt install evoX onto my XBOX but i do have Xecuter 2. i heard Xecuter 2 was a good chip for backing up...

1. How do i find my Xbox IP address? i tried with xbox to network to computer.
    2. Will it work with crossover cable? xbox directly to PC.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  10. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

"im guessing is the IP address? right? and i didnt install evoX onto my XBOX but i do have Xecuter 2. i heard Xecuter 2 was a good chip for backing up... "

Dude, that's the FIRST thing you should've done. That's why you can't connect, because you don't have a dashboard (Evox, Avalaunch, etc) on your Xbox. A dashboard (besides Microsoft's) is required to FTP. Put Evox on your xbox dude. Without a dashboard, there's not even a point in continuing to do this process.

Here's afterdawn's guide to setting up evox: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/xbox_evolution_x.cfm

"1. How do i find my Xbox IP address? i tried with xbox to network to computer.
    2. Will it work with crossover cable? xbox directly to PC."

Dude, you need to have either a router, hub, or a ethernet/NIC card AND a crossover cable. You can't just connect them. You have to have some kind of "mediator" to help provide the connection.

Mediator really isn't the word I wanted to use :p

11. aoe_do

aoe_do Member

thanks alot!!!

thats a real help. thank god!!

i had every thing and no one told me that you have to have the evoX(dashboard)... omg now is so much easier not so much frustrating and freaking out...

thanks man i really pretiate it!!!!

12. aoe_do

aoe_do Member

where can i get EVO X?
    where and what does he mean by "also a copy of evo x dashboard."

i read through it but im still confused that if can or can not flash Xecuter 2 with EVO X ??????

hey man i know this really sounds dumb but i need to know this... so i can burn some games.

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

"where can i get EVO X?
    where and what does he mean by "also a copy of evo x dashboard."

i read through it but im still confused that if can or can not flash Xecuter 2 with EVO X ??????

hey man i know this really sounds dumb but i need to know this... so i can burn some games."

Unfortunately, I can't tell you where to get EvoX, as it is against forum rules (piracy rules), even though technically, it's not piracy. How ironic =)

Yes, Xecuter will work with Evox. Almost any chip will.If your mod chip has it's own bios, then you don't need to flash your xbox. I think Xecuter chips have their own bios, but check anyway.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004