1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you de-regionalize a DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ghiggins, Dec 22, 2003.

1. ghiggins

ghiggins Guest

Is there software to take out the region of a dvd?

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

you can't take the region out of a dvd. It is code written into the disc--just like you can't edit a commercial disc. You can patch your firmware so the reader doesn't care. Now if you make a backup, the dvd will usually be region free.

3. ghiggins

ghiggins Guest

ah i see, can you explain where i might find some info on patching the firmware?

4. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya ghiggins,

Do you want to play different region dvd's on your PC or on your standalone?

if on pc, then download/buy a program called DVD Region-Free (costs $40), it will do what you want on the pc WITHOUT all the risks associated with flashing your drive/patching software etc.

if on standalone, do a search for unlock codes for your player (NOTE: some players have them, some don't)

Have Fun...

5. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

It is totally possible to remove the region protection on a dvd. If you are ripping the dvd you can choose an option in dvddecrypter to make it region free. If this is a dvd you want to watch on your computer, i would recomend a program called anydvd, this little program is a driver that intercepts the region code of any dvd and makes windows believe the disc if from the correct region. This program also removes macrovision protection and cd audio protection(though I have not tested that feature) It is an excelent program that takes little resources, well worth buying. It's available at www.slysoft.com_X_X_X_X_X_[small]This is an amazingly imformative site with many places to find information and help. Please support it.
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2003
  6. ghiggins

ghiggins Guest

I would like to watch the DVD on my home dvd player, I also use DVD X Copy to backup my DVD's, but it will not take out the regionalization. So i thought that maybe i could use another package to backup my DVD while removing this or i could use a program to create an image and remove the regionalization, then i could burn the image back on to DVD. any ideas?

7. ghiggins

ghiggins Guest

Or if anybody has an unlock code for a Mirror DVD player then that would be great.

8. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

9. ghiggins

ghiggins Guest

thanks, very helpful info.