1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you do a TOC refresh?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Diesel04, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Diesel04

Diesel04 Guest

Can someone tell me how to do a TOC refresh? I searched and couldn't find instructions on how to do it?

2. MrBoney

MrBoney Member

Certainly.

YOu boot from swap magic, then boot from the boot cd you can download off the net. Hit eject. Slap in an original disk, or the Swap magic DVD. Hit X. After a few seconds, it'll come up with the message about inserting a disk using the EA method (that being the slide tool or whatever). Put in the backup. Hit X, and off you go.

Hope that makes sense.

3. Diesel04

Diesel04 Guest

" Certainly.

YOu boot from swap magic, then boot from the boot cd you can download off the net. Hit eject. Slap in an original disk, or the Swap magic DVD. Hit X. After a few seconds, it'll come up with the message about inserting a disk using the EA method (that being the slide tool or whatever). Put in the backup. Hit X, and off you go.

Hope that makes sense."

When you say boot from swap magic do you mean swap magic cd or dvd and what is this boot cd that you can download (is it cd loader)?

4. MrBoney

MrBoney Member

Boot from the Swap Magic DVD. I've never used the CD one as it's really flaky in my system.

And yes, I meant the CD loader. I use the DVD one, simply because my PS2 loathes most CD's.

5. Iorkca

Iorkca Member

Ok i want to ask another question regarding TOC refresh if you don;t mind. I have swap magic 3.3 DVD ver and Slim ps2 using slim tool. Ok i noticed that when the swap disc boots up if you loosen the sensor block at the front of the ps2 it comes up TOC refresh, now can someone tell me what that means. Because i know that 3.3 is supposed to have built in DVD loader is that what it is if so how do you make it work correctly.

thanks