1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you extract bin/cue files to burn SVCD's

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Damon1, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Hi I'm new to backing up dvd to svcd and I'm having problems with the final stage of burning. I am using 321 studios dvd copy plus(which comprises of smartripper,dvdx and vcdeasy). The fun starts when I try to burn with vcdeasy using the cdrdao intergration. It successfully creates the bin & cue files but doesn't burn because of a driver problem( my drive is a AOPENcdrw4850). I know you can extract and burn the bincue files on to cd using another burning program but I have no idea how. Any advice on how to do this would be great. I have nero,gear,stomp & instantcopy But not alcohol 120%. Thanks.

2. nFrAg2690

nFrAg2690 Member

go to nero express...Disk Image or Saved Project...then select the .CUE file (make sure you have "Image Files" selected uner "Files Of Type"...burn it like you would any other CD...and that's it

Last edited: Jul 23, 2003
  3. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

I was able to burn the cue files, thanks for that, but on my dvd player the video was all distorted. It only covered half the screen and the image was unclear, audio was fine.

4. nFrAg2690

nFrAg2690 Member

no problem i hope you figure it out

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hey, what burn speed and media are you using?

6. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

I use mostly tdk and sony discs and burn vcds at anywhere between 2x and 12x. But that wasn't the problem, it was the screen resolution, I had it at a vcd pal resolution (352 x 288) when I compressed the movie to Svcd format. Hopefully when I try again It'll all work out. Thanks for taking time out to see if I needed a hand.

7. Dela

No Problem, why are you encoding at that resolution anyway?? to make sure your files will be dvd compliant in future if u get advd burner?

8. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

No, that's not the reason. It was just a mistake, when I encoded from dvd to mpeg with dvdx, I clicked the option for Svcd but I still had the screen resolution size for vcd format. So when I tried to play the movie in my player, it detected a svcd with mpeg2 video but because the resolution was wrong, it played all crazy. thanks

9. Dela

I didnt think the resolution of vcd would make it play all crazy lol!