1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get perfect CD quality audio from the internet in the most compact size possible without loss of quality?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Scott480, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Scott480

Scott480 Member

I have found a site where you can download music at 1 cent per MB. I have been buying it at a mp3 320 kbps and it is a pretty big file. A song is usually around 9 MBs.
    What is the most efficient way to get perfect quality audio from the internet?
    Should I buy it at 128 and decompress it to 320? Is there a way to do that without loosing quality. Should i use monkey and compress it from mp3 320kbps to make it smaller on my ipod once i get it?
    I am new to all this and I need to know the most efficient way to get perfect cd quality audio from the internet? What is perfect quality cd audio in computer terms, i was under the inpression it is mp3 320kbps? Is there a higher quality format? I need the audio to play from my computer, car stereo, i pod and home reciever. I plug my ipod into the reciever and car stereo. I know i have a lot of questions and I would really appreciate some help figuring this all out. I am so confused. Thanks guys

Scott

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Cd Quality is usually refering to 128Kbps ---! 3 times smaller then what you buying.

It depends on your ears, your equipment, etc. Some think it's probably fair to say that 128 Kbps is a bit near to CD quality, whilst 160 Kbps compressed by a good encoder should sound pretty good to most people under most
    circumstances.

Which MP3 encoder you use really does make a difference - I personally recommend using the LAME MP3 encoder or the Fraunhofer MP3 encoder.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2004
  3. CJC

CJC Regular member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  4. CJC

CJC Regular member

160kbps is CD Quality and 128kbps is MP3 Quality or Internet Quality.

If you go from 128 to 320, you wont notice the sound differnt just the size.

128k is good enough quality espcially for an iPod.

CJC