1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get the Matrix chip to swap Bios?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Bottz, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Bottz

Bottz Member

Hey all, got another question to all with the matrix chip.. I leave my chip in mode 3 all the time. My problem is when I boot with a game then hit the eject button, instead of the chip switching back to the original bios like it says it will, I usually get an error message "13 error code". Anyone out there know how to correct this problem..
    Thanks
    Bottz

2. bedlam

bedlam Guest

Hey - I usually keep mine in mode 2. My box switches Bios based on what disc I have in (backup or original). Hope this helps!

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yes mode 2 is what you need to run in. mode 2 keeps the matrix active al the time. if you are in mode 3, when you hit eject you are telling the chip to run the original bios which is probably why you are getting the error. change to mode 2 and see what you get, i bet it will fix your problem. but in any case please report your findings.

4. Bottz

Bottz Member

I hear you on mode 2, but that will stop me from swapping back to the original bios, which is needed to play XBOX live,, how do you get around this???
    Bottz

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah mode 2 will make the matrix active all the time and not let it use the eject fix, mode 1 is what you want for xbox live - mode 1 disables the chip. i installed switches in the front of my box so i can switch modes without opening the xbox up. works great.