1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you guys rip a movie perfectly ...

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ithica, Dec 20, 2004.

1. ithica

ithica Member

how do you guys rip a movie perfectly.

I mean i use dvd shrink ,using 90% compression which is not that bad. Then i drag the files to roxio , and the Burning process is ok .

Next, i pick my dvd, put it in my dvd plyer in the living room, the movie start playing, quality is outstanding, but [bold] during the movie, the movies frezze for a second then skip a little bit, then go back to normal playing for 12 to 14 min then frezze for second again etc...[bold]

my dvd+r+rw burner is

phillips, i don't know the model, its the one wjo came whit the HP pavilion a640n.

im using

dvd shrink.
    Roxio 6

sorry guys for english, im french :)

2. colw

colw Active member

Freezing and skipping are normally symptoms of poor quality media - what brand of DVD are you burning to?

Use of labels on burnt DVD's also a major contributor to freezing/skipping problems as they tend to unbalance the disk.

3. ithica

ithica Member

i use maxell dvd, what brand do you suggest

4. colw

colw Active member

Maxell media generally OK - You could try Ritek or Verbatim to see if you get any improvement.

Many people on this forum have problems with Roxio - it does not tend to play well with other programs.

You could try downloading and burning with DVD Decrypter.

5. cobruh2k

cobruh2k Member

I agree. Try another burning program (Decrypter which is free) or Nero. Also, burning at a lower speed (2x) will ensure a cleaner burn, and really doesn't take that much time. I just burned a 2 hour, 4gb DVD file at 2x using Shrink/Nero and it took less than 30 minutes total. Course, time depends on your system's resources.