1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you hook up 2 drives ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by cb4cb42, Feb 1, 2005.

1. cb4cb42

cb4cb42 Member

I have a question about hooking up the anolog audio cable to the motherboard. I have windows xp and I heard that you dont need to hook up the audio cable from the drive to the board.
    So I didnt plug in the anolog audio cable. I just pluged the two drive with a ide cable to the motherboard, and the audio from the CD player worked. Why is that?

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

the audio goes through the ide cable these days. only use it if you have a soundcard and even then it isnt neccessary

dont multi post btw

4. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

I connect my digital cable from dvd-rom to my sound card; ie: Audigy 2 ZS Platinum pro. I agree with the guys referring to the analog cable. I believe you had to connect to sound cards in previous generations. What is your mobo?? PC specs??

If you have digital capability go with it and get a good sound card and some kick ass speakers. I have the Logitech Z680's at 500+ watts, they rumble. And DVD Audio sounds superb.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

5. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you that this is posted in the wrong forum. One of our Moderators will reprimand you and move it to another Subject/Forum. So, beware.

To clarify my previous statement: My dvd-rom (Sony) had an analog and digital connector along with power and EIDE connectors; Since my sound card kicks, of course I elected to go with Digital hookup and totally decided not to connect analog cable to mobo or sound card. Hope that helps. I am still interested in hearing about your PC specs, mobo, sound card, etc. etc.

6. cb4cb42

cb4cb42 Member

Thanks guys

[bold]
    PT880 MSI
    2.8 GH P4
    1 gb Ram
    DVD ROM-DDU1612
    DVD RW DW-U18A
    2-MAXTOR 80 GB IDE DRIVE
    NVIDIA Geforce FX 5700LE
    [/bold]

7. cb4cb42

cb4cb42 Member

If your mob has audio digital out, is the sound coming out of the sata or ide connection pure?Which ones better?

8. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

The "pure as virgin snow" hookup is from the dvd component digital connection to sound card digital connection like I have configured on my machine. My sound card (200 bills; Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro) blows away the onboard mobo. Play around with it and let me know. You need digital speakers too in order to take full advantage of digital. But, it's very hard to tell with the human ear; you almost need a sound spectrum analyzer to tell the diff.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2005