1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you insert the cable into the programmer/Argon chip?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by angeteen, Feb 20, 2008.

1. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

This may sound like a weird question, but I'm having trouble getting the data cable inserted correctlt into the Argon/Programmer. I know that the blue side is suppose to face me, but beyond that, the darn thing just doesn't want to go in. How will I know if I have it inserted the right way or not?

Also, when I was trying to insert it into the device, it managed to bend at the end of the blue wire. Actually, now that I think of it, it also bended near the end of it on the white part where I trying to put the case back together.

Anyway if anyone has any advice about the correct way to insert the cable let me know.

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Yes the blue part is up. You just grab the blue part with your thumb, bottom with your finger, then just push it in till it feels like it inserted.

3. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

Well that's the problem...it's hard to tell if it's inserted right or not. What scares me the most is when it concerns the modchip. Too much pressure and something bounds to tear. You think that infectus would have made something a little more user friendly.

Anyway, my problems aside, how do you know if it is inserted correctly? I doubt the gold contacts have to be inserted all the way in. Also, if a semi-connection is made, would that fry anything? I've heard that if the console is turned on and you plug something in it would cause a short, but what about a partial insert on one or both ends?

4. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

err....you are dealing with a modchip, user-friendly is not really a priority since you should know what you are doing.

Honestly you should just let someone nearby who knows how to plug something in help you out.

5. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

Well I'm out of luck then. I live out in the middle of nowhere, and while most people around me are good at gardening, hunting, raising kids, etc. not many are good at what I'm doing. Frankly I wouldn't even know where to start. In other words, if I can't do it, it can't get done, because no one else seems to have *any* technical expertise.

Still, I gave it a test, and the device managed to come on after the Wii was turned on. The light was yellow; I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I guess a good thing since the device has to draw it's power from somewhere.