1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know if you burned the game right before you try it on PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dani66613, Feb 9, 2003.

1. dani66613

dani66613 Member

Can you check it out on your computer? I checked out two different copies I made of GTA3 and everything seems to be on the disc's but when I put them in my ps2 I get the Please insert playstation format disc screen. This is the first game I burned and I read some people have problems with it. Should maybe I try another game to burn?

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

no there is no real way to check other than making sure that the copy of the game is the exact size as the original

besides this it is just the media that you are using just try some different discs

3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

What modchip do you have ?
    Did you burn GTA3 with a DVD writer ?

4. fgto

fgto Guest

Hi dani66613,
    I use a little tech to check (but it is not really relyable...and use it sometimes)
    When you have an ISO of any type, you can use a lector emulator (such as Deamon tools) to see the content. So you can view files included directories in that iso. If you have the original and the iso you can check both of the contents and see before burning it if it matches.
    But if you see files names that are weird, don't burn the iso, it will probably be a fake...

5. c7015

c7015 Regular member

also make sure that the version of ps2 that you have supports the format of disc (+ or -)
    version 5 and up will be fine with + but 4 and below should be - (but there is some varying results form people with a version 4 who say that they can read + format