1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you load psp iso's on 3.03 OE-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Knuck1ez, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Knuck1ez

Knuck1ez Regular member

I have 3.03 OE-C firmware and was wondering how to play psp iso's of my memory stick.

2. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

Just put hte isos in the iso folder in the root of your psp..if there is no ISO folder,then make one.
    and dont forget to set kernel to 1.5 (hold the R button when psp starts up,u ll get it the recovery menu, go under configuration and there u can set it to 1.5.
    if u have no UMD in the drive then enable the No UMD mode( its in configurations too) but some games arent compatible with it..so if u have a UMD then have it in the drive when starting a iso(no UMD must be off, or it wont help if the UMD is in the drive)

3. Nomex

Nomex Member

I notice my games run *much* smoother when in 3.03 Kernel Mode, I searched about as to why it turns out that the 1.50 Kernel uses older PRX files and hence older code, which wouldnt include any optimisations that Sony have made over the last year of FW updates.

4. Knuck1ez

Knuck1ez Regular member

so from there what next? do I need a loader or do I just load from memorystick/game?

5. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

What is the best solution to a iso that wont load. to be spcific i have 3 unloading isos, and itspissin me off. i have 3.03 oe-c and tried fiddlin around with the recovery but it never works, I know it aint the iso coz it works on a 1.5 psp help please.

6. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

disable no umd and use a umd, increase cpu speed, change kernal to 3.03

7. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

okay i got it figured, i restored all of my original flash0 files and it worked. I wonder what file it was preventing me from playing???

8. riku98523

riku98523 Member

LOL i just went down to 3.03oe-c from 3.10oe-a' and i took the umd out before downgrading then after trying my isos they didnt work it was making me really pissed then i read this and remembered about the UMD LOL:) still not sure about the difference from 3.10oe-a and 3.03oe-c i hope all my isos work i have a few eur ones i guess they are pal i guess ill find out though.

9. ratpik12

ratpik12 Guest

when i have the psp iso's, there is a big bunch of rar. files, i no ur supposed to click on the first one with Winrar and then it will extract, but throughout the extraction it comes up (file is corrupted) and then it stops? any ideas

10. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

Custom boot text Prevents iso's from loading
    I.E when you start psp up, if it doesnt say sony computer entertainment in the original font, or if it doesnt say it at all, thats preventing iso from running

11. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

i thought custom boot texts only prevent psx games from working.

@ratpik12

think its just a bad download you got, ive had a few of them myself : (

12. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

oh yeah sorry, im in another world here lol

13. riku98523

riku98523 Member

No i have custom text and ISO's work fine no problems at all things like custom sounds and/or custom text stops psx games from booting but not psp games.

14. Pud1000

Pud1000 Regular member

The difference between 3.10 oe a and 3.03 oe c is topmenu_plugin.rco customization you wil screw it up if you try it on 3.10 oe a

15. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

only difference, topmenu_plugin.rco is encrypted in 3.10 OEA, and decrypted in OEC, which means psx works way better on 3.10 oea since the topmenu cannot be touched...

long story short: customization vs + psx games...

16. touran22

touran22 Regular member

y do u not use the search function sheesh. this has been answered countless times