1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you make a document.dat???HELP!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by joshont, Jan 11, 2007.

1. joshont

joshont Regular member

i want to know if i could just get a FAQ for ff7 i saved it as a text file but how could i turn that into a document.dat file so i could have the FAQ as my game manual?????is there something im missing, is the an easy gui to do this???-

2. guano

guano Regular member

www.maxconsole.net

It's there somewhere.

3. joshont

joshont Regular member

i found the zinga burga simple gui thing with the doc maker, but how do i use my txt file???it says something about using .png's how do i use my text or do i have to turn it into a .png???help???

4. guano

guano Regular member

IDK. I've never used it. But .png is a picture format. (Only saying that in case you didn't know)

What you can do is, get a bunch of pics in .png format, arrange them, make w/e text file and you should be good. :?

5. joshont

joshont Regular member

i know what a png is, i just dont know how to turn a txt into a png and what do you mean arrange a bunch of pngs whats w/e stand for?

6. guano

guano Regular member

1.) Get all the .pngs you want in a group.

2.) "w/e" is "whatever".

3.) You make a text document into a document like this:

>a.) Open a new text document
    >b.) Click "Save As"
    >c.) "Save As Type" should be "All Files"
    >d.) "Encoding" should be "Unicode"
    >e.) Name the file w/e you want, but change the ".txt" to ".png"

That's it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  7. joshont

joshont Regular member

thanx guano (doesnt that mean bat turd?) i have it into a png, but i still cant make a document.dat out of it if you could tell me what program to use that would be great and if you can, steps plz thanx in advance if anyone helps me out

8. fa35jsf

fa35jsf Member

I dont know if this helps but i think Media Manager allows you to put text, word and exell documents on you PSP. I ony think

9. joshont

joshont Regular member

10. joshont

joshont Regular member

11. guano

guano Regular member

Sorry Josh, I forgot what thread I posted in. IKD how to do this b/c I have never made my own DOCUMENT.DAT.

(IDK = "I don't know")

I only know how to make the .pngs and stuff.

12. joshont

joshont Regular member

thanx guano for being such a good help and at least trying to help

13. john-e-i

john-e-i Guest

ok i have been haveing the same problem and i have finnally figured it out what you need to do is goto paint make a text box and past your text for your faq in there then save it as a png and put it into the doc maker program and it will work fine, the only problem with this is with games like ffvii you need to make ALOT of .png files so it takes forever...easiest way is to just use the media manager but then you cant view them while in game so you can do it like this and it will work...good luck and it took about 3 hours for me to make the ff7 one......soooooooo long

14. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I dont really need them b/c I dont play FF but why dont you host them? Make a zip or rar of your files and upload them somewhere like rapidshare.

-EDIT, Im not you have to im just saying why not?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  15. john-e-i

john-e-i Guest

thats great idea i will do it as soon as i get a chance, i work 6days right now and got alot of psps on the go...im the hacker for my friends cause there all idiots...lol....and im actually working on getting my ftp up and running once done ill post the link for all!

16. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Well I think I speak for the people that want it when I say thanks. BTW, what is FF? Is it like a RPG?

17. john-e-i

john-e-i Guest

well you will be welcome once i get it and ff is final fantasy one of the best rpg series ever created and the very best one is final fantasy 7 for psx....takes over 60 hours to beat fully and i bet i still missed a hell of a lot of stuff

18. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I knew what FF stood for but thats about it. Whats the actual gameplay like though? Like is it a futuristic thing or like an older realm type thing or what?

-EDIT, corrected word.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  19. john-e-i

john-e-i Guest

lol its a little of both actually, it takes magic and summons mixed with a future world of guns on hands, flying machines, and talking dogs, all in all id say its more set in the past but with a few places hording all the technology all i can say is if u havent tried this game out i highly recomend it, i hated rpgs then i played this and i couldnt believe what i was missing, now its my favorite genre and its all thanks to final fantasy 7!

20. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Hmmmmm, maybe I'll try it. Where do I start? Should I just get FFVII converted to an EBOOT to play on my PSP?