1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you make UMD game into .iso

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mucky17, Jun 14, 2007.

1. mucky17

mucky17 Member

What program is used to make iso files from UMD games I have. I have v2.85. I have UMDgen, but don't know how to extract the game from the UMD.

Thanks in advance

2. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

First, you must have 1.5, 2.71 se or OE to play iso's. You can not dump the umd if you are not using one of these firmwares. Find an unpatched GTA umd, upgrade to 3.03 then downgrade to 1.5. There are a couple apps to dump UMD's, I have only used fastloader though.

3. mucky17

mucky17 Member

I have MLB 07, which requires v2.82. If I downgrade, can I still play this game, and others that require higher versions?

4. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Yes, if you use OE. The latest OE is 3.40, and can play all iso's, regardless of the required firmware. 1.5 is extremely limited, if you decide to downgrade there is 0 reason to stay there, the devs stopped making iso loaders for it. The only way to go now is D_A's OE firmware.

5. mucky17

mucky17 Member

I'm pretty new to this PSP iso thing. Could you elaborate. How would I play the iso's on 3.40? Do I need some other program like devhook or can I just put the iso file in the game folder.

I thought 3.5 was the newest FW. Will iso's work on this?

I greatley appreciate your help,

Matt

6. mucky17

mucky17 Member

I just re-read your post and don't know what OE is. I thought you were talking about the firmware version, but I'm guessing you're not.

7. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Ok please read this mucky, wont post this again.

In the beginning, only 1.5 was capable of playing iso's of a mem stick. As time went by, Dark Alex created OE firmware, which is basically a combination of 1.50 firmware and the latest firmware created by Sony. 3.40 OE gives you all the benefits of having a 1.5 psp and lets you play all games that require 3.40 firmware or below to play. Best of both worlds, you can play all psp games as well as run every emulator known to man. In order to get to any OE firmware, you must have 1.5 firmware or 2.71 SE.

Hope that helped, please post if you have questions.

8. mucky17

mucky17 Member

So I need to downgrade to 2.71, then load 3.4 OE? Then what do I use to play the iso's. I found Dark Alex's FW and it looks kinda complicated to install

9. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

It is not hard to install at all, pm me and i can help you quick. And no, since you are already above 2.71 firmware you can only down grade to 1.5, which is 100% fine. From there you can upgrade to 3.40 OE and use your psp to its full potential. You will need an unpatched GTA umd to downgrade though, so search ebay or go to blockbuster and pray to god that the game you rented is an unpatched version.

10. mucky17

mucky17 Member

Thanks,
    I will get a hold of you when I get the GTA disk. How will I know if it's not patched, if I get it from Blockbuster?