1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you re-encode only main movie from hdd

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by broc, Jan 20, 2003.

1. broc

broc Guest

I was wondering if anyone knows how to demux and re-encode a stripped dvd with cce. I want to keep the bitrate as high as possible so I ripped the dvd to hdd with smartripper and used ifoedit to strip out everything I didn't want and now I want to demux the stripped files (preferrably with decrypter so I can get a chapter list for maestro) re-encode with cce and reauther the project. any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. tony140

tony140 Member

take a look at the "getting the best out of CCE" guide on Doom9.org. This is a great guide. Basically, you use dvd2avi to split the video and audio file, then use VFAPI or avisynth for frameserving, then re-encode with cce, then reauthor.

3. malum

malum Regular member

You can use smart ripper or dvddecrypter to demux the movie as you rip it, thus saving you a step.

4. malum

malum Regular member

http://www.dvd2dvdr.com/index.htm

This is also a very good guide and it has a download package for all the software you need (except CCE which I assume you already have)

5. broc

broc Guest

malum is there a way to demux the ripped files from hdd with decrypter? alternitively does smartripper allow you to create a chapter list file that can be used with maestro?

cheers

6. malum

malum Regular member

I've never demuxed a set of vobs from the HD, decrytper can't do it but I'm sure someone will let you know something that can.

IFOedit can give you a chapter points list details of how are in the link I gave.
    A chapter points list is simply a text file with the frame place of the chapters in it
    ie

etc