1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you reverse xbox live ban?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by t-traxxx, Aug 3, 2004.

1. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

i accidently tried logging onto live with my chip on and it give me an error message about having a modded xbox. what are my options at this point? hopefully i can reformat the files...or something, without having to buy a new xbox or a new live subscription. any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

You cant reverse a ban from live. I think the only way you can get on now is by getting a new eeprom which hasnt been on live and got banned.
    Im not 100% sure so others should confirm this.

3. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

yup u need a new eeprom.bin file

4. XboxTech

XboxTech Guest

Im a newbiee, whats an epprom? Does i
    have to solder it to the xbox or just download
    it and install it or ftp it? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2004
  5. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

well u need to get it from someone else with a modded xbox, otherwise u wont be able to get it off the hdd.
    then u need to get it from the hdd, ftp it to your xbox, and then ftp it to your xbox

6. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

but remember that the modded xbox that you are getting the eeprom from has never and never will go onto xbolive.

7. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

ops forgot to mention that..thanks ;)

8. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

yeah you need to find a person with a modded xbox that has never been on xbox live and NEVER will do(you cant have 2 of the same eeprom on 2 different xboxlive accounts) if you do find someone get him/her to put evox on his xbox(if he/her has not already done so) get him to go to "system utilities" then click "backup". Then get him/her to connect to his/her pc and go to /c folder then to backup folder then transfer eeprom.bin. Get him/her to email that file to you. UNLOCK your hard drive. Download a program called "carpet magic" and put it in your "apps" folder.Transfer the new eeprom.bin to yurxox and use carpet magic to flash the new eeprom. The LOCK you hard drive and your all set for xbox live again :)