1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you save games in xbox hd?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ttureya, May 3, 2003.

1. ttureya

ttureya Member

I've just got matrix chip, which i heard it is the best chip around, and i dont know what to do. First, how do i save games in my xbox drive? and second, how do i play cd-r burned movies, such as avi files divx, etc.? I have no idea what kind of program i have to download and install. Can anyone help me with to get one last juice out of xbox? please help me my dad's going to get mad!!!

2. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

this is very simple, using FLASHFXP to transfer files between the xbox and pc, you go to the directory where you want to save the contents of the game. for example, i have mine saved in e:\games\halo\default.xbe. you will have to edit your menu.ini or evox.ini (people use the name interchangeably) so that it will appear on the dashboard. email me if you need further assistance.

3. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

I find it easier to copy games directly to the xbox, with out the back and forth of FlashFXP, using XCommander. If you install it on your hard drive all you have to do is run XCommander, pop a disc in, create a new directory for your game (in your e:/games or whatever you use) and then you just copy everyhing from your D drive into your new folder.

If you want to view your different media on the xbox I recommend Xbox Media Player. You don't even have to burn your stuff to cd-r. All you need to do is use Relax to create a server for your movies, music, and pictures and you can view them straight from the computer.