1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you Stream Rip a non Shoutcast Internet Radio Station?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Damon1, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Hi Everyone,

This is a bit of a complicated problem, but hopefully one of the audio experts can help me out. I'm trying to stream rip a non shoutcast net station thats stream is in .m3u playlist format.

I've tried all the regular rippers like Streamripper and RipCast, but they won't connect because its not a shoutcast stream or whatever.

I've found I can just download the straight stream with a download manager like Flashget , then change the extension to wma or mp3,but the problem there is I end up with one very long file thats not split into songs or info tagged (the net station has song tags).

does anyone know of a ripper that will download m3u playlist streams (non shoutcast)with song split and tags? Or a download manager that support streaming media and splits songs and tags them automatically?

Anyone with any info at all, post away!

P.S. i tried WM Recorder and Net Transport as well, with no luck.

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Just an update, I've found a live stream recorder called Replay Music:

http://www.replay-music.com/?AID=4135295&PID=1448936&SID=rm

thats recording the stream nicely, and splitting and tagging the songs.

But I've run into another problem, I can't seem to stay connected to the Radio Station now for more than a few seconds, even without the recorder/ripper running.

Here's the stream: http://217.204.116.4:8000/cvfm

I have my router and firewall configured and Shoutcast Station play fine for me. I have a good internet connection too, so bandwidth isn't a problem.

If anyone else can login to that station and tell me if they experincing the same dropouts that would be great.

P.S I'd rather use a freeware or open source program that does the same thing as Replay Music, so any other ideas would be nice.

Cheers again....