1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you use PS2 files to make a .ISO image

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by darc-syde, Aug 26, 2004.

1. darc-syde

darc-syde Member

I have all the files of a game that is now cracked so I can't use the disc any more. What program do I use that will let me drag and drop the files (in order) to create a .ISO so I can burn it to a DVD-R?

Please help or refer me to someone who could guide me through this.

Thanks, this is the most informative site I can find.

darcsyde@suscom.net

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you could use cd/dvd gen to create an image but you need to know the exact order of the files and the lba of them all, good luck your going to need it

3. darc-syde

darc-syde Member

Yeah I could find the exact order but then what do I do? Just drag and drop the files. And then what do I need to do?

4. Kerdal

Kerdal Member

You could try using a program like Isopen (you can find it here : http://www.download.com/ISOpen/3000-2248-10282270.html?tag=lst-0-1 ). With that program you can compile files into an iso file (which is what you want to do in this case). I must warn you that I'm really not sure if it will work or not. You could also try to drag and drop them in the good order using a burning program like Nero.

5. darc-syde

darc-syde Member

How do you make a ISO image in Nero by draging and dropping files to it?

6. darc-syde

darc-syde Member

What program can you use to see the order of the PS2 games files?

7. Kerdal

Kerdal Member

First, I have no idea of how you can see the exact order, you said you could find that. To make an iso in Nero open the Burning Rom section and press new compilation and you drop the files in the correct section, unfortunaly I doubt you can keep the same order when doing this if you save the compilation it will be saved a .nri file (which is a type of iso specific to Nero but I'm a couple of programs can read/convert these files. The best way would be to find a real image of the disc instead of its content because the structure is recorded in that file.

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Nero doesn't give you the amount of control you require when making an ISO to specify the order in which the files are burned. That's why the other progerams were recommended. Even then, the only way to really determine the correct order to burn the files in would be to have access to either the original disc which I assume you have or a working backup and in either case the easiest backup solution would be to simply just make a one to one backup of either one of those.