1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you view files on an Xbox 360 disc?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by RayKinStL, Jan 28, 2007.

1. RayKinStL

RayKinStL Member

Hey guys,

I recently saw that information has been leaked on how Gears of War has been hacked. I even saw a tutorial on how to do it. Me personally, I don't have much interest in hacking (although I enjoy glitches) but reading the tutorial got me interested in something else that I can't figure out. The ttorial explains that you need to read a file called Coalesced.ini and then use a Hex editor on it. In reading this part, it got me interested/intrigued at viewing this (and other) files to see what the code for this game looked like. I also wanted to go through this Coalesced.ini just to see the many things these hackers can mess with.

This leads to my dilemma. I have no clue how to view the files on a Xbox 360 disc. Ive read something about creating an image of the disc, or something along those lines, but have no clue what software/process I would use to do this. This is where one of you hopefully come in...

Does anyone know what I would have to do to be able to see the files on my GOW disc, so that I could open them in Notepad to view the programming code? Im hoping it does not include copying the disc (I don't have a DL burner) or modding my 360 (Im keeping it closed for warranty's sake). I guess I am hoping there is some kind of program that will extract all the files from the disc (obviously you cant see them through explorer for fairly obvious reasons) so I can browse through them and check out the code. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. RayKinStL

RayKinStL Member

Not one person on here can tell me?

3. wiseup

wiseup Member

maybe if you had a samsung drive with kreon firmware you would maybe see it ,but you would have to buy a new drive for your pc