1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does a torrent file leave a trail?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by buxhamm, Feb 14, 2007.

1. buxhamm

buxhamm Member

Does unchecking the box tracked by "___" in the torrent download box keep anyone from knowing you've downloaded the file? I've heard of friends who have received emails from agencies saying they have illegally downloaded a pirated version of a film they recently did download and were forced to write a letter stating they'd never do it again and show proof of deleting the file,.blah blah blah. Has anyone heard of a government list or do they just do this randomly?
    thanks biotches

2. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

Seriously they got letters!? Man i never got one, scaring me now.

3. t-loader

t-loader Member

hi i have been running torrent sites for about 18 months, without any problems, i think you must run something like adaware as soon as poss when down load finishes, and a good firewall is a must.but nothing is secure it depends how persistant these people are.

4. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

i've been using torrents for at least 2 years and in that time i only got 1 letter from my isp saying they tracked me downloading the departed off mininova and since then i havnt used that site to dl any movies i usally just use DC++ on campus, my isp is comcast btw and the 1st letter is like a warning type..