1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Does AnyDVD Work?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DogBomb, Apr 7, 2005.

1. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Just trying the trial version. I noticed that with AnyDVD running in the background, when I open a DVD with Decrypter, it says no CSS protection at all. When I turn AnyDVD off, the CSS protection exists. So with AnyDVD running in the background, is Decrypter itself fooled into thinking there is no need to "rip" the DVD? Will the "ripped" files still have encryption? AnyDVD seems suited for Shrink for the new protection schemes, so you really shouldn't have to ever use Decrypter with AnyDVD since Decrypter can handle anything. Just curious.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

(i've only used anydvd trial versions a couple of times btw).. you won't (at the moment) need to use anydvd as dvd decrypter can currently handle the latest protections. The ripped files will be unencrypted. This is the reason i haven't yet found the need to buy anydvd. However anydvd discussions tend to get a tad heated around here so i will leave it at that :)

3. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

dogbomb.........

yes that's the idea for it...

i can't really say if ANYDVD is a absolute yet but i went
    on and bought it, to me everything seems to work better.

the way i look at this, as stated on other post's

is ANYDVD + DVDShrink + DVDDecypter =$39.00 is a great deal
    considering that's all i've put out so far...

4. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Some people seem to think that AnyDVD is God's gift to DVD burning and think that it is the cure-all for what ails you. I have tried AnyDVD as well; and while good, I don't see why someone would pay the $$$ for a program when you can get the same results from a FREE program like DVD Decrypter.

AnyDVD will save you the current rip time...Period.

Sorry Creaky...don't mean to start an argument.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

hi crozzman, haven't seen you around for a while..

i most definitely haven't aimed the 'heated' comment at anyone in particular, it just needed saying in my humble opinion.

flipping ducks round here are getting cheekier, there's a female that's almost coming in the door, next she'll be in the fridge!

6. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

I've been on leave. Taking up residence in a new state. Burner is at home, I'm at work. Can only get to it for the next two months on the weekends.

7. williej

williej Regular member

I have YET to get DVD Decrypter to work. I have the full version of AnyDVD and it does what's advertised. It's simple ... it decrypts the CSS and other protection and I use DVD X Copy to rip the movies. Works like a charm ...

8. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

....and so it begins again!

9. williej

williej Regular member

LOL ... I tried ripping games, moviez with DVD Decrypter and it tells me when I go to burn (Nero Ultra) that it's missing files. So, if it's high maintenance, like a Ferrari or Lamborghini, or Halle or J-Lo, forgetaboutit. I don't have time to be messing around with junk ... you know what I mean?

10. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

I feel like a complete idiot but, I just got ANYDVD and I have no idea how it is even SUPPOSED to work.

It is set up correctly but, is there supposed to be a ripping engine in this thing? Is it designed to work as a backround program while some other program rips or is it supposed to rip and decrypt as a stand alone product.

It is installed correctly and recognised both of my drives and any dvd I put into it, I just dont see how it rips or where it puts the ripped file.

Cant wait to hear this...

11. McBrat

McBrat Regular member

Try it in conjunction with CloneDVD. However the free programs linked on AD do the trick as well.

12. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

AnyDVD is only a dectypter. It effectively makes the disc appear to be region and encryption free to other programs. It does not rip, compress or burn. It has, at least in the past, been the first decrypter to be updated to handle new protections.

13. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

So it runs in the backround with no visable function? If that is the case, can it work with DVD shrink? Can ANYDVD be silently running in the backround and allow SHRINK to do its ripping and compresing while at the same time bypassing the latest encryption?

14. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Yes. (For most people. Some will always have problems).