1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***HOW DOES SONY DO IT?***

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lordofuo, Jul 7, 2007.

1. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

im not bricked or anything, but you know when people send sony their PSPs to get unbricked (and ruined by 3.51) does anyone have any clue how they access the flash?

is it some hardware or special battery? maybe someone has leaked this stuff out you know?

2. killaklan

killaklan Regular member

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

They either do that or just replace the motherboard.

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I think they have a special USB cable that they use for accessing a bricked PSP's flash-
    I bet they laugh when people try to send their psp's in for warranty repair saying "it just stopped working, I dont know what happened", and they find out it was actually due to a botched downgrade!

5. FinalFant

FinalFant Member

Have you? It says at the end of the paragraph that that is a fake to stop people from talking about how sony unbricks the PSP's.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  6. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

there is some special battery out that runs at differnt voltage so the psp runs different (only parts of it) so sony can unbrick it!

7. Apples001

Apples001 Member

I think the motherboard replacement idea is not that probable (no offense) but to replace the motherboard is way to expensive. From what I've heard it's around $40-50 US and thats definitely not enough to cover labor, shipping, and the motherboard they have to produce.

8. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

motherboard wont cost sony £40 more like 40p! but know what ya mean