1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW DOES THIS WORK THEN?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by safcftm, Dec 29, 2004.

1. safcftm

safcftm Member

Why is it that an 200MB AVI video file uses up 2GB of space when I try to burn it as a DVD-Video. This can't be right. I know if i burn it as data then it says the same size but this is no good since a dvd player won't read it right?... I've read your AVI to DVD tutorial and tried it with a video, I don't understand, the video ended up being larger and that didn't help the situation. Surely you don't have to go through that whole process everytime you want to burn an avi video into a DVD video. I have this program called Ulead DVD factory which I think doesn't require you to do this process. Please help I'm totally clueless and frustrated.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Unfortunately that is the process you have to use with AVI files. They have to be converted to dvd compatible format. I don't know of a quick way around it.

Jerry

3. safcftm

safcftm Member

Please help please help I'm desparate.

4. safcftm

safcftm Member

OK but I don't understand how this works, if i try to burn a movie it will be far to large to fit on the DVD. I can only fit two 200 MB vids onto a DVD...this doesn't make sense!!!! ARRRRRR

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  5. safcftm

safcftm Member

please help.

6. bigmoose

bigmoose Guest

use WinAvi
    its converting a 700mb avi file, to a 1.4Gb dvd file.
    hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2004