1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how exactly do you soft mod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jaydee24, Sep 17, 2007.

1. jaydee24

jaydee24 Member

okay i'm a noob to the whole hack 360 thing. although i did put the mod chip in my ps2. i just don't want to open up the system i had to replace my ps2 twice, luckily i worked at bestbuy at the time and i could get it replaced. but the 360 is definitely not a ps2. and i don't want to open that system up and *bleep* it up. i am pretty computer savvy and i would like to know if you can just hook up your 360 straight to your pc without taking the dvd drive out. i would really appreciate it

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  2. budro

budro Regular member

you can't softmod without opening your xbox. that's it.

however, a firmware mod is simple and foolproof.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

as above, you can't. Unless you spend the money to buy a Xeno Top Gear or somthing similar then each time you flash you have to open the case. With the top gear (executer also makes one of these) you open your case and install it, then you never have to open it again. You will be able to flash with updates by hooking an sata cable between the 360 and your PC.

Other good mod to consider while you have it open is a Talismoon fan. They have better air flow and a cool LED glow. You just plug it right in place of the stock fan.