1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How exactly does the media center work?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by andro1d, Jan 25, 2007.

1. andro1d

andro1d Regular member

I'm using the wireless networking adapter that is running off the signal of my roommate's computer in his room. Now my PC in mine runs of his as well. My XBox is in the living room. Now I was curious if I were to use the media center, could I use it on my computer to be able to share files to my 360? Or does it have to be off my roommate's computer since he has the router? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Well, if your PC is connected to that Wireless Connection, you should be able to connect it with your Xbox 360. I'm not sure, I haven't tried it with my PC yet.

3. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

Doesn't matter which pc has the router, if all our on the same wireless router, then you can connect to any of them that are running Windows Media 2005

4. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

I concur. I have to computers and I was able to chose the one that has all of my music on it. Just check your computer settings to see the name of your computer.

5. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

I have 3 xbox 360's around the house, all streaming video,music and pics off my office pc. If you plan on streaming video, wireless doesn't cut it, you'll need to hard wire. I have all 1GB ethernet cards, CAT6 wire and a 1000mbs switch and i still may get some lag once in awhile.

I have the Belkin N Series 300mbs wireless router, and even with that, going wireless for video was horrible.