1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how fast are these programs supposed to run???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tlee_20, Feb 24, 2005.

1. tlee_20

tlee_20 Member

i am currently using decrypter to rip, and shrink to burn.. how fast are they supposed to be? decrypter usually takes about 20 minutes, sometimes more. shrink takes about 30 or more. are there any settings other than the way that i downloaded them to make it faster?? or are there any other programs to use that would be faster?? i have a 16x burner and i use 8x media.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

It all depends on how much you are compressing.

Dvd shrink has no burn engine. It automatically pulls out nero or dvd decrypter to burn.

Do you backup entire discs or main movie only?
    Main movie only will speed you up..

Those larger dvd-9 movies,rip with dvd shrink and then burn with dvd decrypter. I rip with shrink and burn with nero,it's only a 4 click process for me.

3. tlee_20

tlee_20 Member

so how do you rip with shrink? and how fast is it? i back up the entire disc, but i am gonna start doing just the main movie. what do i remove to do this? what audio and other things do i need to keep?

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey tlee_20, pretty simple:

I just insert blank in my benq and the original in my lite-on dvd rom.

Click off my windvd player, Open up dvd shrink/open disc. It will do the quick analyzation.

I make sure ac ch3 5.1 english is the only box ticked,click reauthor, drag main movie over-sometimes you have multiple main movies,edit out some of the beginning and ending credits.I also leave off the director's commentary and other crap.

Click backup/re-check all my backup option settings/click ok and process starts.

It takes around 5-15 mins to encode to hd and 15 mins to burn at 4x,unless it has quite a bit of compression-then I use dvd shrinks quality enhancements. Those enhancements will definitely slow it down.

I like to slip those backup discs on my sony player and they auto start.No need to try to find the remote and use the menu.

I've tried dvd decrypter. It's seems quicker on those smaller dvd-5 movies. The dvd-9 movies will have to be compressed so I just skip the dvd decrypter stage.

In the backup options,you want to set it to burn with decrypter.

I also forgot, anydvd also helps out on ripping those probematic newer encryptions for dvd shrink.There's a free trial for it in case shrink won't allow you to do the initial quick analyzation.
    Anydvd will take care of those encryptions.It runs in the background,so no extra steps required.

Good Luck

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

quit complaining man, my setup takes around 4 hours sometimes just to rip. Just because I'm using a crappy Dell Inspiron 600m (600 MHz Centrino CPU), but I have Shrink set up to enhance compression quality and I get the whole disc. Get rid of languages you can't understand on the movies too.