1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How good is AutoShrinkISO?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by brent1a, Jan 18, 2004.

1. brent1a

brent1a Member

I'm getting the Plextor 708A in a couple of days and I am trying to get my system ready. Does anyone else use AutoShrinkISO or at least know how good it is? I've already used it to back up a couple movies so that they are ready to burn. If you don't know what it is basically its a program that uses DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. You open AutoShrink and it will open DVD Shrink and you shrink your movie accordingly and then AutoShrink closes DVD Shrink and opens a DOS program which then converts your files to an ISO which then it has DVD Decrypter burn to a dvd+/-r/w(if you so chose). So far with just getting the ISO's ready for my burner everything has worked fine. I've got two DVD-9's backed up at about 60-65% compression ready for dvd-5's. I'm just curious if anyone else has used this sytem. Thanks

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

I have not heard of this app until a few mins ago. It looks good, very good infact. Using DVDdecrypter to burn is definitely a very good idea.

Good to see someone doing his homework before the DVD writer arrives. refreshing.

3. tthomps

tthomps Guest

AutoShrinkISO works very well. I have used it on a couple different machines with no problems. It is as close as I can get to a one-click solution using DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter. My burner is also my reader, so I wait until DVDShrink is done and the DOS program begins to make the ISO to switch in the DVD-R.

4. nanki888

nanki888 Member

i heard it is really good as well. question though: i have been trying to download autoshrinkiso and it goes through the install and everything fine but when i try to open it, there is an error that comes up saying that there are files missing. does anyone know where i can get a functional copy of it? i was trying to download it from there:
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/autoshrinkiso/
    anywhere else i can get it from that works? thanks!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
  5. brent1a

brent1a Member

6. nanki888

nanki888 Member

brent1a,
    i clicked on that link and it takes me to a page that says:

www.mrbass.org homepage (redirects in 10 seconds automatically)
    Unauthorized download
    External Hotlinking is no longer allowed
    Don't right click to save file
    Don't use download managers
    Disable software firewall
    Allow your browser to send referrers.
    Still can't figure it out see doom9's leech page for more suggestions.

so not sure what to do now :|

when i tried to run autoshrink before this was the error message that kept coming up (forgot to post this in last post):

"Component 'Comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid"

not really sure what that means. thought that you might know. if not, then could you email me your saved copy of the program? thanks alot...i have been beating my head against the wall b/c my copyToDVD expired and i cant find a program that will burn my .ifo files from dvd shrink (one that i dont have to pay for...just spent lots of cash on other programs and none left over for this :) thanks sooo very much!!!!

7. MysticE

MysticE Active member

After you get that page just backspace (erase) in the URL bar till just mrbass.org/ is showing.

8. brent1a

brent1a Member

No problem, simply shut down your firewall & any pop-up blockers you may have running before you attempt to download. Also, at the very bottom of the Autoshrink page should bea little paragraph exactly about your .dll problem. There should be a small file in that paragraph that you can download to remedy the .dll error. Make sure you always look the whole page over. Hope it works for you this time.

9. mrbass

mrbass Member

you can download it from http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/autoshrinkiso
    since last september I no longer allow hot-linking...you'd be surprised how much bandwidth it sucks up when you do allow hot-link...it's through the roof.

I use autoshrinkiso for all my dvdshrink backups..works great. NYPlayer did an outstanding job programming it.

10. lkittle

lkittle Member

Can anyone help with downloading AutoShrink? I've read allof the above posts but can't download.
    Thanks