1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How good is Gamefly.com really?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by danbooke, Mar 10, 2005.

1. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Hey everyone, I just started my free trial with gamefly.com and am wondering how good they really are? Has anyone had any problems with them, or do they work pretty well? Thanks for your suggestions!

2. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

3. rickewon

rickewon Member

I live on the east coast they are on the west. They are fine but it took close to 10 to 12 days to do turn around on games from the time I sent one back to the next showed up. They need a distribution center on the east coast. They have a great selection of games and the hot come available pretty quick

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  4. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

i live in california and my turnaround time took around 8 days, which is pretty bad in my opinion. i prefer the blockbuster game pass, its just easier and much faster. of course, then youd actually have to deal with blockbuster, so its up to you.

5. aleitz

aleitz Member

I live in Michigan and it takes about 5-6 days.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i had it, at first it was pretty fast. Then the games started taking longer and longer before they said they got them. Then they started saying i wasn't returning them, finally i quit. The last game i sent back, they said it took over a month to get there.

7. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

actually, now that sly brought it up, i do recall the same thing happened to me. it was pretty fast in the begining, then it slowed down to what i said earlier.

8. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Thanks alot guys, I'm glad to know that we're all like a loving family here! (sobbing) Yeah, I figure I'll give it a shot, and if the start taking forever, then I'll leave and go somewhere else. I did the blockbuster gamepass for almost 3 months, and it was cool, but I already (uhm how do I put this...) "rented and played" :) everything they had at 2 locations! The bad thing with Blockbuster is they don't have a set day for when they get new games in, and smaller titles, like Xenosaga 2, and Alien Hominid, they only get one copy of. To complicate matters worse, everyone has a gamepass now, and they have no late fees now, so there's never any gaurantee that one title will ever make it back soon. Plus those bastards in blue look at me weird when I go in there about every hour and a half to trade out games! Thanks for the info on Gamefly guys.

9. h8red

h8red Member

My turnaround in southern california is about 3 or 4 days, which is fine in my book.

10. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

thats pretty sad when they are in california.

11. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Yeah, I would think 1 or 2 days if they are located in Los Angeles. I live in San Antonio and can mail something to Dallas and it will be there the next day...

12. hursty

hursty Active member

these companies know what you get up to.they are not thick,
    i once received a pirate dvd from them,

i am signed up to blockbusters in the UK,although they only do movies,the first month is free
    the service was very fast
    i was receiving dvd and posting it back the same day,2 days later i got another set of dvd,and so on.i am not saying i copy them,i just "like to watch a lot of movies"
    hehe
    about 1-2 months down the line,things started to slow up

and me being an impatient b*****d,got on the blower(telephone),
    spoke to a guy there,and he basically said,we know what people are doing,but as long as you dont take the piss,and dont do what i was doing(send then back the same day),you will get them will some regularity

never-the-less,i completely ignored his advice and carried on what i was doing

i emailed them in writing that i wasnt happy with the service,threating to take my £13.99 elsewhere

i am glad to report normal service has resumed

hehe

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  13. JRoland

JRoland Member

I don't know...

I actually just tested 3 different vendors: GamePlay, GPlay, and GameRang. All 3 had a 10 day free trial period.

In that time, under the assumption I had to return the games within those 10 days, (Turns out you just have to cancel in those 10 days and have 7 more to return any outstanding games), I received one from GPlay - which I couldn't backup - um... - and two from GameFly. As for Gamerang, according to their tracking number, the game was delivered but I never received it!!!!

Anyway, I have to admit that GameFly was pretty darn fast for being in the West Coast. I'm in Baltimore - East Coast. The only down part is that you have to call and cancel your trial - I think to discourage you doing so.

Good Luck whatever you decide.