1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is mIRC and Torrent sites still up and running.??

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by FrostyPaw, Jun 13, 2007.

1. FrostyPaw

FrostyPaw Member

There are so many articles, posts, people talking about letters from their ISP.

How can these places be up and running still.

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

the people that run torrent sites are smart, like the pirate bay. they know the law and they have good lawyers. read the legal section on thepiratebay.org. it is really funny.

3. FrostyPaw

FrostyPaw Member

but, that doesn't protect the people that are uploading and downloading from there though does it.?

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

No it doesn't it is up to the people who use those services to protect themselves. For example I live in the U.S., and basically it is illegal for me to use any type of non-commercial P2P application regardless of what I am downloading. Now just north in Canada it is legal to download just not upload. And in Sweden their are no rules against P2P at all. So what you got to do to protect yourself depends on were you live. U.S.=you better cover your arse good or big brother will get you, Canada=just don't upload and your safe, Sweden=your 100% safe