1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is Philips or HP dvd+R media?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Stry-Ker, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

any good?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from DVD-R newbies*

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

on the philips dvd+r media I have used a couple in my philips dvdr-72 stand alone recorder and had no problems these were the 2.4 x speed variety that are made for dvd video recorders like the philips dvdr-72 although they work fine in dvd burners as long as your not in a hurry and your burner can record dvd+r media. I have however burned almost a hundred Philips 8X dvd-R disc with no problems or coasters . They burn @ 4X on my nec 2500A with fw 1.06- stock) and they burn @ 8x on nec -3500a . I realise you were asking about the PLus R disc but just thought you might want to know this. These 8X dvd-r Philips disc code as CMC's which are suppose to be crap but hey they are working for me so far. peace ,& seasoned Greetings ! OOOh Yi! DEm cajun Put hot sauce on everything

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Depends on who manufactured the disk's?

Phillips usually manufactured by CMC. This is normally a bad thing, but they have been known to do better with +R media

HP could be manufactured by a lot of different company's. RICHOJPN, or MCC they would be very good, CMC not so good

5. dbros9

dbros9 Member

how can you tell what company actually makes the DVD's for HP - is there something on the disk that identify's the co.

6. dbros9

dbros9 Member

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Yes there is a code on the disc, but you need one in your machine to tell for sure. Download either DVDinfopro or DVD Identifier. Both will read the codes off the disc.

Jerry

8. philyo

philyo Guest

dont buy hp media, burns ok for the first 80 percent and messes up the last 20 percent.