1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is the best way to split a DVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mkm, Nov 29, 2003.

1. mkm

mkm Member

I tried a version of DVDFAB and it would not work. It said the DVD had to be ripped first with some other program.

I downloaded a newer version that is only a trial version. It ripped and split but left a DVDFAB banner at the end of the movie.

I want to backup the whole disc uncompressed, even if it splits into multiple discs.

Is there a free software that will do this?

Need some help here.

Mark

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You could try downloading a trial of AnyDVD which will decrypt any DVD video files that other programs are working with. Check it out! It may work well with DVDFab.
    Frank
    Let us know if it works.

3. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

You can do it with DVD Shrink, but you can copy just the movie and not the extras or the menus.

To split a disc and keep everything (which is better are space in two DVDs are enough to copy a DVD-9 with all content uncompressed) I suggest you buy DVDXCopy.

4. ocostich

ocostich Member

I recently bought DVDXCopy Platinum and tried to backup about a dozen of my DVDs using Advanced mode. I got one to work. I'm not impressed with this product

5. koola

koola Guest

CloneDVD or DVD Shrink are far better products than DVDXCopy/Express. 321 are only any good for fighting the DVD backup rights with Hollywood lol!

hehe, stick with easy Free etc programs :D