1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is this even possile!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by naqiraza, Oct 12, 2007.

1. naqiraza

naqiraza Member

I currently have a 3.71m33-2 and it works perfectly fine, byt the way i downgraded it myself...because of that I got a good reputation at schhol because I know how to downgrade psps. So my good friend gave me his psp to upgrade to 3.71m33-2 and i did successfully, but then he said he wanted the applecor theme no matter what or he wont pay me...so i google applecor theme 3.71m33 and i find a converted applecor theme...only problem is that it goes in the flash0 insted of psp/theme so i pasted it into flash0 and overwited some important files..and now his psp goes to a black screen when started***but it still can go to recovery mode***When I run the recovery boot from the recovery menu, it says error missing _____ flash file. The blank is actually a file name that I dont feel like typing in. What should I do

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

i hope you backed up his flash0. you'd just copy it back to the psp.

if you didn't, then you will have to redo the whole downgrading process with pandora's battery

3. naqiraza

naqiraza Member

i didn't back up his flash0 but i have my flash0 files...if i use mine on his will they work...and also about Pandora's battery...do i have to buy another battery or can i just backup my normal battery and use that...?thx for help

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

NO! do NOT use your flash0 files. it will result in another semi-brick.

as for pandora's battery, you can use one battery. but remember to backup the battery EEPROM before converting.

5. naqiraza

naqiraza Member

thx for the help...but one final question...how do run the pandora's battery thing on my friend's psp...it is emi-bricked...and only recovery menu is accesibile

6. paul91

paul91 Regular member

i dont think he's in any position to make demands since your the one with his psp..... ;)

7. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you create pandora's battery on your own psp. you can find the files HERE

8. naqiraza

naqiraza Member

LMAO thx for the support and help everyone...I have run the pandora installer and got the msipl.bin file but when i run it in comand prompt and type in Y and then press enter, comand prompt closes...why is this

ps i think i see a error written but im not sure ecause it closes in a flash right after i press enter.

9. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

are you running windows xp or vista? vista is not compatable with the installer.

try using the easy installer, provided HERE. you don't need to redo the memory card, just run the easy installer.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  10. naqiraza

naqiraza Member

thx for the help i just finished downgradin then upgrading to 3.52m33-4 via easyinstaller...i installed applecor theme for him everything is working properly thx to all of your help. sorry to ask but final final questin:
    in the applecor package there was an intro.pmf file.what do i do with that...i have already installed cintos_01_0e_mod...????

11. runezerg

runezerg Regular member

yo naqi..... is that u? howd u get applecore on urs? im trying to get ann applecor in english that works with cxmb cuz i have some themes but some of em are in german.... anyone got a xmb theme for applecor?
    and i thot u sed ur friend was the one who modded ur psp using pandoras bat?

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@naqiraza

Next time your on 3.71 M33-2 and get a semi-brick like that use this RECOVERY folder HERE.

Go to Recovery and Toggle USB place the extracted RECOVERY folder into the /PSP/GAME folder. Then go down to RUN PROGRAM AT /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP and it will recover the PSP back to 1.50 firmware (This will only work for FAT PSP running 3.71 M33/M33-2 custom firmware).

If your going to mess with flash0 files in 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware make sure your backing up and flashing the flash0 files properly. HERE is a guide on how to backup your flash0 files properly. You will need to do these steps as well when transferring a custom theme to flash0. Make sure the custom theme is 3.71 M33/M33-2 compatible.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  13. naqiraza

naqiraza Member

ya wuzup dawas this is me....

I have a bricked psp...when i use pandora's battery and then insert a new one...and then turn it on nothing shows up and the psp doesn't turn on!!!!!!!what should i do...

14. runezerg

runezerg Regular member

well for starters try taking out the battery and puting the charger in alone cuz some people say that works sometimes but not sure.... may be ur battery isnt charged hapened to me today i thot i bricked it but turned out to be not charged (phew)
    maybe u screwed somin wen u downgraded ur friends.... o wait is this urs? it was workin fine a few days ago wasnt it?
    well neway i finally got a applecor mod working cuz i cudnt find normal applecor when boom i get screwed really bad.... the applecor mod duznt let me turn off my psp or reboot so i switch themes and suddenly my psp dies as soon as i click x on shutdown lol wat nice timing eh? well neways where do u get ur custom themes from?
    ps i downgraded to 3.52m33-4 lol

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@runezerg

are you applying the 3.71 M33 custom theme correctly? You need to make hidden files and folders show when flashing a theme in flash0.

If you didn't then go HERE and follow the guide on how to do these steps.

Make sure the Apple Cor is the 1 that is compatible for 3.71 M33.

16. runezerg

runezerg Regular member

DONT MEAN to be rude but if u read my last post ude know that i have 3.52m33. i got everything done fine its just i want to know where to get 3.52m33 xmb themes cuz now i know how to work em and stuff but i cant fine any... gimi a link to som gud one for 3.52m33 if u got... i found one for 3.40oea but im not gona downgrade that far back lol

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Go to the site I linked to above. It also has 3.52 M33-4 custom XMB listed. You might have to go to page 2 or 3 on the XMB section to actually get to the 3.52 M33-4 compatible themes.

18. runezerg

runezerg Regular member

there are soo many links.. and most of em to guides so if u could be kind and either copy paste it into ur next reply or quote urself ide be happy

19. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Thats why the link wasnt up there :p Google for it

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I thought I had linked to it.

HERE is the link to the custom XMB's.