1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how is this iso 60gb?!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sporkit, Dec 24, 2004.

1. sporkit

sporkit Member

i recently downloaded a backup of a game from an online torrent. its size was roughly 1gb and came in 18 parts name s-rr.part01 all the way threw 18. i read on these forums that your supposed to extract each of them to a seperate directory and then burn a global image file. well i did just that and the space it took up was 60bg! i looked threw all the folders and still dont see a gi file. so then i go ahead and extract the iso that came from the first file s-rr.part01.rar and it looks like a completed version of the game. its got the slus file system.cnf and its 3.1 gb.

so whats the deal? what am i supposed to burn and why are there so many files? did i do this right so far and if i did how did winrar know what to extract?

2. JoshBosh

JoshBosh Member

You are supposed to open the .rar file, or if that is not apperant, the .00
    the old rar structure was part[number].rar
    Just open the first part, and extract the iso or bin & cue, the first file will extract the parts from every file in the collection, and this will be your final ISO file.
    There is NO NEED to extract each compressed file.