1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does an xbox 360 lasts?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by moonslash, May 16, 2007.

1. moonslash

moonslash Regular member

How long does an xbox 360 lasts?
    5 Years? 7 Years?
    I was wondering how long it would last

2. dr00t

dr00t Member

You can't put a time limit on that I'm afraid. lol.

3. navsav

navsav Regular member

I say you are damn lucky if you hit 5 years. I'm on my second one after having it only 6 months. WIth that heating issue, etc... I doubt these things will push past 2 years on average.

4. moonslash

moonslash Regular member

wow thats some bad news :O
    I think im going to buy a cooler
    Maybe then ill push 5 years xD

5. steimy

steimy Active member

it is like any other console. You can talk to one person and they have had not problems since day one. Then talk to another who has been through 5 consoles in 5 months. There is not telling how long yours will last. Extra cooling is a great idea to help though. I personally had an aftermarket fan (Talismoon green LED) installed in mine to help, plus i keep my house pretty cool as well.

6. navsav

navsav Regular member

I really think the percentages are very high. yes some have had their last since day one - but how many people do you personally know that have xboxes - then how many of those have had problems. Almost all of my friends have had to return their xbox.

I do believe the culprit is heat so as Steimy said keeping it cool should help it last much longer. I actuallly put in one of those small fans inside my entertainment center to help blow air though the vents in the back of the Ent. Center.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Tell you what if you can tell me how long a piece of string is i'll tell you how long a 360 will last,my advice to you would be to wait around 18 months or more as there will no doubt be revisions of the 360 in the works the same will apply to the PS3