1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does DVD2One take you?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by SabreLord, Jul 12, 2003.

1. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I use DVD2one on a 1000mhz system.

*It takes me 60 mins to rip it via Dycrypter
    *It takes 70 mins to convert with DVD2One.
    *It takes 60 mins to burn with Nero (105).

My 105 cannot do 2X DVD-Rs for some strange reason it does them at 1X only.

Total 3 hours and 10 minutes.

Anyone do it quicker?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2003
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

What system and OS do you use?

What are your specs because I obviously need to upgrade.

I have searched most firmware sites for an upgrade I am running Pioneer 105 on 1.30. What firmware revision do I need to be able to read at 2x. I also use red princos that copy at 4x but take 45 mins!. When I try 2x datawrites it does them at 1x only.

Thanks in advance for any info

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2003
  4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

5. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I have installed firmware 1.33

Oriphus how do you rip in 9 mins I updated to new firmware and it is impossible to rip DVD via dycrpter in 9 minutes. Is it down to system speed?

Will my Datawrites 2x copy at 2x now?

I used the Gradius RPC-1 2xDVD-R + 12xRip update. How do I make my WinDVD fully region free, everytime I put a region 3 DVD into my drive it still gives me a countdown of how many more uses until it is locked on that particular region, even though the drive is now region free.

Thanks for all the support

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2003
  6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

If you use the Pioneer DVR105 or any Pioneer go to the section in the website i displayed above and download. This will make your drive region free as well as allowing you to rip at a lot faster speeds. I've just ripped a DVD in 5 mins 40 sec.

Chris

7. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

for me:
    Athlon XP 2000+, 740 MB DDR Memory, total of 180GB in disk space
    HP DVD200i DVD+r/+rw burner

DVD Decrypter: 15 mins
    DVD2One: 15 - 20 mins
    Nero Burn: 22 mins

back when i used rempeg to trancodoe, only took me about 4 - 5 hours to trancode a 140 min movie..
    peace
    seamonkey420

8. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

After I upgraded the firmware my Writer started going all shitty. Could not handle the DVDRW I had used previously and also created some really dodgy playbacks.

In the end I had to put the old firmware 1.30 back on. All I can say is if it aint broken DO NOT FIX IT!

9. Tosca

Tosca Guest

dvddecrypter can take 5 minutes to ~15 minutes to rip a disc depending on the disc. Obviously it will take only ~five minutes to rip a disc that is 4 gigs. DVD rom speeds play the most important part in rip times.

If I were you guys I would just dump the cd writer and just put in a dvd rom and stick that cd writer into another computer.

I noticed that dvd2one compressing straight from a movie disc takes quite a long time. I tried one yesterday (an unencrypted 6 gig movie) and I was looking at fifty minutes (THe time would drop but I wasn't going to wait and see). I stopped that process and went with dvd shrink instead and it came out at about ~40 minutes.

If I used dvd decrypter I was looking at about 15~20 minutes. The app said 20 minutes but I know the time would drop as it processed the disc.

That is 15 minutes plus compression time, which would probably take me half an hour. that would be 45 minutes.

Lesson learned. For unencrypted discs just go with DVD shrink and save a step.

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, I tend to agree with that. I only use DVD Decrypter/DVD2One if i have problems with DVD Shrink.

Chris

11. karatone

karatone Regular member

Tarzan took me about 48 minutes from start to finish using the decrypter,then dvd2on2,then nero burning at 4X my system is a P4 2.4 800fsb cpu, Asus Dual channel mb., 512 ddr 3200 ram,80 gig Maxtor hd. Pioneer A05 recorder and a lite-on dvd -rom(reader) the 4X media is where youcan really save time,I'm getting more today lol!

12. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Right , my system being closest to the original posters spec & results are as follows:

DVD Decrypter 10-15 mins
    DVD2One 35-45 mins
    RecordNow DX 30 mins

So roughly an hour and a half

AMD 900mhz
    WinXP Pro
    Pioneer DVD-RW 104
    Lite-On DVD-Rom

13. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

How do you get you dycrypter to do the whole dvd in 15 mins, mine takes 1 hour and my systems specs are similar to yours.

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

DVD Decrypter takes around 12-15 mins on my system. Dont know whats going on with yours. What speed does it rip at?

15. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I am running it on Pioneer 105 but the OS is Windows 98, could this be the thing that is slowing down my process?

16. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It probably is down to Win98

I'd highly suggest updating to XP if I were you...

17. karatone

karatone Regular member

I'm using an older version of dvd2one 1.0.2 and it take me under 30 minutes to get the main movie and 1 audio selection usually DTS,decrypter about 15 minutes,and Nero buring rom about 15 minutes burning on a Pioneer A05 and 4X Ritek media,I'll probably be adding more memory soon ,and I thought i might run my Hard drives on my raid controller ,but I'm new to the raid set-ups,or maybe the new SATA hard drives they are really fast ,but they are a bit more $$$$$$

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You wont notice much difference with the different hard drives since there is only a certain speed you can rip at. Since the hard drives are all far faster than the maximum DVD ROM's, there will be no obvious advantage.

19. karatone

karatone Regular member

okay I see , I didn't think about that. This PC has been great in the current configuration ,so like they say ,"don't fix it if it's not broke!" I'll put the $$ into my other machine ,and maybe another A05. Cheers Oriphus!

20. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No probs, two machines for ripping DVD's would be pretty cool. I have three very similar high spec computers linked together, but only one writer. I might consider another!