1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how long does it takes.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hellboi, Mar 21, 2005.

1. hellboi

hellboi Regular member

how long does it takes to backup your dvd I used shrink and it took me an hr and half to finished the whole movie. any idea on how to make it short?

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

well, depending on your system specs and what quality options you chose and burn speed, an hour and a half could be about normal.

3. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Yeah, you have to give some specifics here. What is your computer running. What quality settings are you using. Are you burning just the main movie? Is your DMA enabled? All these questions have to do with how fast you'll be able to copy your movies. The more information you provide, the more help everyone can be!

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Here's my setup, as a comparison; i'm able to use Shrink to encode in 15mins flat (on my Athlon 2800+XP with 512MB DDR something or other, with 20GB ATA100 hdd).(For me) if the encode takes any longer than 15mins (not often) it's always down to less than optimal read speed from the source DVD drive/DVD disc. My previous dvd ripping machine was a (fairly) lowly P3 500 with 384MB Ram, and 20GB ATA100 hdd. Then most movies took about an hour or two to encode

(i only ever do movie-only by the way, default quality settings)