1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long should it take to copy?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dakota99, Jan 3, 2005.

1. dakota99

dakota99 Member

Hi out there. I'm new to this burning stuff. I am currently using DVD Decrypter, and DVD Shrink. I'm just curious how long it should take to do this process. I first use decrypter (which takes approximately 45 minutes), then I use Shrink (which also takes approximately 45 minutes). Then it uses decrypter again to burn, and only takes about 15-20 minutes. Is this normal? Should it be going faster?

2. beltline

beltline Regular member

Not going to be able to answer this without knowing more about your burner. The speed of your burner to read/write will be important. The 15-20 minutes to burn is about right if you're using a 2X burner, or your media is only being read at 2x by your burner. Otherwise it's a touch slow. Also depends on the size of the movie and if you're using a lot of compression/deep analysis with Shrink.

3. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Those are good times. Your Burn time is REALLY good. What speed are you burning at? I recommend to NOT exceed 4x on your Burn. :)

4. dakota99

dakota99 Member

I honestly don't know a whole lot about computers. I know I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RS620G. They said this is one of the better ones. It's a Pentium 4 w/hyperthread (not that that means much to me...lol). As Far as the burner, I have no clue. How do I go about finding the answer to that?

5. dakota99

dakota99 Member

Also, no i don't do a deep analysis with Shrink. I just backup!

6. dakota99

dakota99 Member

One other thing. Do I really need to use both decrypter, and shrink? Can I use just one of them, and if so, how?

7. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

Just use shrink to read/encode then burn with decrypter.
    You only need to use decrypter first if the disc gives shrink problems