1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long should it take??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dddean, Jan 22, 2005.

1. dddean

dddean Guest

Hi , I am resonablely new to burning dvds & I have mostly used dvd shrink , I have tried some others but have come back to shrink.
    My computer is P4 3gig, 1gig ram , 80gig hd, 128mb graphifs card ,
    and it was taking me about 20 - 30 mins to do a complete copy now it seems to be taking 35-40 mins any idea why ??
    before you ask yes i do delete all the files after buring
    and defrag.
    So i dont know if that it is something that i dont know about or what & also can some one tell if there are better & or faster programs out there .
    Thank you Dean.

2. beltline

beltline Regular member

Depends on the size of the movie and if you're using "Deep Analysis". The higher percentage of compression, the longer it's going to take. 35-40 minutes seems very reasonable if you are compressing.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

better& or faster?...yes
    cheaper?...nope
    I agree with beltline,your encoding times are pretty decent.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  4. dddean

dddean Guest

Thank you Beltline & Jim for ur help , the only thing that I was wondering about is why it took about 20-25 mins for quite a while then seemed to slow down to 25-40 mins .
    I tried 1-click dvd copy trial & it took about 15-20mins but it coasts about $59 us.
    Thanks again Dean

5. beltline

beltline Regular member

The larger the movie the higher compression, the longer it takes. Put a DVD-5 movie in with no compression, and your times will go back down. I'm running a comparable system to yours and there is no way I could copy Troy in that time frame. It's too big a movie with too much compression.

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Using deep analysis,and the quality settings in the dvd shrink ver. 3.2.0.(which with big movies you should always use)It can take me almost 2 hours to encode a movie the size of troy.
    When im dealing with a movie of that size, I dont even use dvd shrink.I use dvdrb/cce which can take up to, and above, 4 hours to encode,but the picture quality is unbelievable.