1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how make a copy of a copied dvd by dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pipapongo, Oct 26, 2004.

1. pipapongo

pipapongo Guest

thats infact the hole question

at +-95% he always sais that an error has taken place

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

take us through the steps up to when the error occurs and what is the error you get.Does this happen with all movies you are attemping or just the one you are currently doing

3. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

what happens when you use another program?

4. nist

nist Member

Does the problem occur when reading or burning the dvd?
    Another solution could be to try dvd decrypter instead or use Nero if the DVD backup already is on the HD.

5. pipapongo

pipapongo Guest

i used the dvd shrink and burned with dvd decripter
    he (dvd shrink) sais that an error has encurred while reading the file and he would not can continue

if i try to make an exact copy it is the same thing he continues until 93 % and then stop because of the error!!
    same thing if I just copy the dvd to the hard disc

6. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

It sounds like it might be an error on the disc. Try ripping the disc with DVD Decrypter as suggested.
    Is there any problem when viewing the movie?
    Adder.

7. newbiemax

newbiemax Member

I have EXACTLY the same problem!! I rip and burn the DVD's with DVD Shrink - everything works fine - but then when I try to copy the copy - with Nero or DVD shrink - the process gets to about 92% then I get a cyclic redundancy error - The Discs are spotlessly clean with no scratches - HELP!!!!!!!
    Oh yes - I have tried DVD Decrypter and get errors there too!

Using Lite-On dual layer DVD-RW and Lite-On DVD-Rom (Both drives 3 weeks old - will add model numbers when I get home from work)

8. sirenia

sirenia Guest

I was having the same problem, i uninstalled nero from my system and now it works like a dream with just dvd shrink and dvd decryptor my brother swears by nero but i went through 25 dvd's and was getting ready to just give up when i decided to get rid of nero and i havent had any problems since.. i have done around 100 with no problem.. i have a dell but i installed my dvdrw drive in my hp and the same thing there it would burn one copy nicely and then it would have an error for everyone after.