1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many dvd-rs must i try?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xtacb, Nov 23, 2004.

1. xtacb

xtacb Member

i heard that v4 ps2 are picky when it comes to which dvd-rs it can read but this is getting crazy!

ive tried sony 4x dvd-r, verbatim 8x dvd-r, verbatim 8x datalife dvd-r, memorex 4x dvd-r, fujifilm 8x dvd-r, sony 4x dvd+r, tdk 4x dvd+r, apple 4x dvd-r, and finally the best kind i heard about ritek ridata 4x G04 dvd-r

all these i burned using dvd decrypter at 1x speed and using mulitple games: tenchu kurenai, narutimate hero 2, stella dues using swap magic with no solder mod and also knife/cog method to be sure

everytime it swapmagic gets a red border when i try to play it
    i really thought the ritek 4x dvd-r that i got today which i waited a week and a half for would work because i heard it was the best but didnt work...

i cleaned my ps2 with those dvd/ps2 cleaning disks and every real game i have works great everytime, i dont have another chipped ps2 to try the games i burned but i put the burned game back into my computer dvd drive and auto-run opens it up with files on it and stuff just like it does when i put the iso onto a virtual drive

any ideas why my ps2 cant read those dvd-rs? (even the riteks didnt work, geez)
    im really desparate now after waiting for the riteks and even those dont work..... some help plz!

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You might want to look closer at the swap method you are using as how it would seem you are doing every thing else right. Also check out http://www.swapmagicfix.com to see if the games you are trying to boot are listed there are listed as needing CD or DVD Loader to get them to load properly.

3. xtacb

xtacb Member

well, since all the burned games i have tried got the red border with swap magic i cant be sure that my no solder modchip works but im also doing the knife to move the white peg method to make sure the dvd are getting red border, and the import jp games i am trying to play all work for others with swap magic and slidecard

this may be a far far stretch but maybe sony purposely put in a laser/lens or whatever that can abosolutely not read any dvd-r when i sent in my ps2 with my warranty to get the white peg fixed after i broke it doing the knife trick and pushing the white peg too far, they probably knew what i was up to because normally someone wouldnt stick something into the tray and mess with the white peg, and so purposely messed me up?? thats a long shot so i doubt they would go out of their way while repairing the white peg to change other parts...

any ideas what is going on here? it seems like im doing everything right but still i get a red border when using swap magic...
    help plz!

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

hell, try HP 4x dvd+r's. That's what i use for my v4 ps2 and i don't have any trouble loading them with SwapMagic v3.2 and knife method. (heh, use dull side)

5. billz

billz Active member

I really think it's your swap method.Does your tray come out faster when you hold eject?Are you holding eject not just pressing the button?What software are you using for backups?.etc....

6. xtacb

xtacb Member

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!! thx ritek !!!! The ritek G04 do work!!!!!!
    when i got my riteks yesterday i burned narutimate hero 2 then tried it out and was crestfallen when it got a red border, turns out i tried that time with the no solder modchip which doesnt work and didnt try one more time again using the knife trick....
    after it didnt work that 1st time, i went out for few hours then when i came back i burned gt4 prologue and then did knife trick to play it, i wasnt expecting much because naruto didnt work so i switched to tv and was watching some tv for a minute or so, then when i change back, low and behold polyphonic creds and then the gt4 menu!!!!

i didnt understand why gt4 pal would work but not my jp imports so then i went to unrar rumble roses (usa) and going try burning and playing that... while waiting for it to unrar i might as well play some gt4, but since it was flickering like crazy cause its pal, i decided to try naruto again since theres no reason pal should work but not my jp imports-- low and behold doing the exact same way with gt4 with the knife trick i saw the blue border --- then black screen --- then BANDAI logo!!!!!!! i was estactic when the naruto intro and theme song played and was going WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! and dancing like crazy for the whole theme song

i then tried gt4 with no solder way and guess what, it didnt work! so my no solder modchip doesnt work and all the dvd-r before also didnt work...

but now G04 comes along...WOOOHOOO!! i shouldnt have doubted ritek G04 their GREAT!!!! finally i found the one type of dvd-r my ps2 likes, finally found its one true soulmate!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  7. Diesel04

Diesel04 Guest

Try burning your games with Alcohol120. I was using dvd decryptor for a few backups and I always got pink boarders until I used Alcohol.