1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many launch owners are pissed about the price cut?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kratos23, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Kratos23

Kratos23 Member

Any launch owners pissed about the price reduction so soon? I think its good because I think alot more people will buy it but it sucks that we got screwed over so quick. Lemme know what you guys think.

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

in ways yes in other ways no i paid 600 for mine but now maybe those people that i play socom with everyday might finally step it up and buy 1 before confrontation comes out but u know whos probably more mad than us those dumb people who spent thousands for one through ebay at launch

3. Kratos23

Kratos23 Member

yeah for real lol.

4. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

I'm not because at some point there going to be a price drop.

5. killalot

killalot Active member

You pay a premium for any new technology at its first launch as we all know so we knew the price would drop when is any body’s’ guess so if you cant wait that’s the price you pay that’s why I haven’t brought one yet for my son come Christmas I wouldn’t be surprised if the price doesn’t come down again its like the price for blue ray give it time the price will drop

6. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

exactly. If you're pissed about the pricedrop than you should have waited , just like any new technology.

7. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

All PS3 owners should be happy about it, selling more consoles means more games for the system and a longer product lifecycle.

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

+1.....Why buy any console then? What are you gonna do? Wait until it goes out of production in 8 years or whatever to then get a system for $50? I bought a 20gb and it does not bother me in the slightest, especially since I am definitely going to keep it because they don't make them anymore.

9. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Isn't the price cut temporarily until September or something? Or is it the free 5 Blu-Ray movie deal that ends September?

10. Spudzy

Spudzy Member

I would say that anyone who bought the system 30 days (past price match period for many large retailers) before the price drop would be the most annoyed, or anyone who bought from a retailer without the price match just before the price drop. That said, if you've had the system for longer, you can imagine the difference in price as the cost for the ability to enjoy the system for X days or months ahead of those that pay less.

So if you bought at launch, be happy :)

11. killalot

killalot Active member

The problem is the big boys i.e. Sony, Microsoft have got us by the balls well a small minority of the consumer market they have they know some people have to have it now usually the teenage clan who haven’t a mortgage to worry about and got more money then sense that’s why they charge you over the odds on launch day in the uk the playstation was £425 now its £375 that’s only a couple of months since its launch day when it hits £300 ill go and buy one there’s more to live then a games console i.e. the mortgage if they can sell it now £50 less why didn’t they do that when it was released don’t get me wrong it looks a good peace of kit but come on £425 for a game console until the consumer stands up and is counted they will take us for twats .

12. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

I'm not, nor should any one here be.

If you bought it at launch, it's because you really wanted it right then and there.

And if you didn't expect a price drop, you must've been living under a rock for the past 20 years.

Therefore, no, definitely not pissed. I've been happy with the PS3 since the day I got it (I've been especially happy since I upgraded to HD lol).

13. JorDogg

JorDogg Regular member

Not really, i brought a PS2 when they were $1000 too and still have it :eek:D If you look at how much it would have cost to rent the PS3 untill the price drop it would be well over $100 so i got all that good gaming time in, not that there was much to play apart from resistance and Motorstorm!

14. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

im really pissed that 5 blue ray movies are only for ps3's bought between july 07 and september 07! I feel really ripped off... I feel like sueing or something lol. Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I feel like sony owes the people who bought ps3's at launch. We beleived in them and this is how they treat us!

15. megsy_77

megsy_77 Member

i am preety pissed off although there aint a price cut in the uk they have extras included like 2 controllers and a game included in the start off price and when i only bought my console less than 2 months ago its like ahhhhhhh but soo soon the 360 hasent even had a price cut well not 1 that is noticed and that nearly been out 2 years now

16. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

this owner is mad.I'm mad but guess what the price was going to drop it was inevitable thus i don't care plus got to play my PS3 for about just over 8 months and value only has gone $100. Most things you buy 8 months ago is worth alot less then it did when it first came out

17. keytolock

keytolock Member

I think its great because since I've gotten the ps3 I've been scarred that it was dead in the water and that sooner or latter they would scrap the dang thing. Hopefully ps3 will make it big and reach a larger audience. Shoot I wouldn't be mad if it went to 300{us]

18. keytolock

keytolock Member

I think its great because since I've gotten the ps3 I've been scarred that it was dead in the water and that sooner or latter they would scrap the dang thing. Hopefully ps3 will make it big and reach a larger audience. Shoot I wouldn't be mad if it went to 300{us]

19. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

I was thinking about getting pissed when I first heard it, but then I realized fudge it I love my PS3 and if I was gonna get pissed over a measly 100 bucks what kinda Playstation fan would I be.

20. rj21

rj21 Regular member

im in the uk so the price drop dont matter to me, the new bundle there releasing is good tho, but i still got mine cheaper then $500 :p