1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many users are there?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by djscoop, Dec 17, 2004.

1. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I know that aD has thousands of users, but just out of curiosity, about how many Newbies, J. Members, Members, S. Members, aD Addicts, Mods, and Admins are there?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Actually, a funny question, never checked that one out. Let's see. These figures include both, Finnish and English users -- and only those ones who have activated their accounts:

Newbies: 191,263
    Junior Members: 2,361
    Members: 496
    Senior Members: 119
    AfterDawn Addicts: 13
    Moderators & DVDXCopy Moderators: 48
    Admins & stuff: 7

So, helluvalots of Newbies. But then again, amny users sign up for an account simply to receive a newsletter, not necessarily to get a forum account. The figure also excludes old, old, old "newsletter only" accounts that have been created to the system before March 2001, which add up another 40,000 or so.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

WOW thats a lot of users! Its crazy how much the numbers jump between newbies, j. members, and members. But thats a lot more users that I thought. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I think that the newbie numbers also reflect that a number of people join just to find out how to do something and once they learn, they leave never contributing anything more to the forum. Couldn't tell you how many I've helped that have done exactly that. If I remember correctly, accounts don't "expire" due to inactivity anymore.
    If I had to guess just from what I've seen in the DVD sections, that newbie numbers would be decreased by at least 25% if you excluded those people. Just a guess.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can't say to many chiefs & not enough indians more like to many indians & not enough chiefs

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

zippyd, you are right about folks just leaving after getting the help they need. I wish more would stick around and lend a hand.

It's always great to see someone moving up through the different stages of membership, by coming in and helping, actually trying to give good answers. I had some concerns about "post padding" when promotion by merit was switched to a post count scheme but the numbrs look really well balanced to me. I assume that most those numbers would be quite high if compared to what the actual "posted in the last two weeks" numbers are.

Merry Christmas,
    Frank