1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many versions of Kreon are there ?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by walnutss, Feb 1, 2007.

1. walnutss

walnutss Member

Hi Guys , i just ordered a Samsung SH-D163A with Kreon v.80 , but now i've noticed theres a v.81 , do i need to re-flash the drive when it arrives ? or are the two versions the same thing ?

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

im not sure, but i doubt it would hurt to flash the latest

3. CVelocity

CVelocity Member

Go ahead and flash to .81 I have not had any problems and I have backed up about 50 games

4. motomods

motomods Regular member

i believe that the newer kreon 8.1 does more with program like backup creater.. it makes it easier.. i think.. but yea just flash the new one.. you dont wanna have the old one if the new one is out..

5. reppin519

reppin519 Regular member

i have the new one and havent had a problem

6. woof811

woof811 Regular member

right mateys before anyone gets confused there are 2 different kreon firmwares !

kreon v081 is for the samsung SH-D162C ide dvd-rom
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Samsung-SH-D1...yZ112848QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kreon v080 is for the samsung SH-D163A sata dvd-rom
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAMSUNG-SH-D1...oryZ3754QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

the links i have provided are examples of the different drives flashed with the right kreon firmware .

p.s. i do not know the ebay sellers selling these drives i am only using their auctions as an example so its upto you if you buy any of them !

woof811.

7. woof811

woof811 Regular member

@ walnutss

i wouldnt recommend flashing your samsung SH-D163A with kreon v.081

stick with the right kreon firmware for the right dvd/rom !

kreon v081 is for the samsung SH-D162C ide dvd-rom

kreon v080 is for the samsung SH-D163A sata dvd-rom

woof811.

8. walnutss

walnutss Member

Oh man , thanks so much guys , now i know that different drives have different firmwares , now i can rest easy , :) , i can't wait to recieve it already !!!!

9. woof811

woof811 Regular member

@ walnutss , just a tip -

i have the samsung SH-D162C with kreon v081 and i use xbox backup creator or schtrom v.3 to backup my original xbox360 games .

xbox backup creator is an all in one program that will rip and burn xbox 360 games .

schtrom v.3 will rip games but you will need imgburn to burn the image it creates .

just thought id let you know the programs i use with my samsung SH-D162C kreon v081 dvd/rom

this is a very good link to get you on your way to successful burning http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/428237#2730497

10. walnutss

walnutss Member

Hey woof811 , i don't know if your reading my mind or something , but my next thread was going to be me asking whats the next best step after installing the drive (Samsung) , like which burning program i should use , thanks dude :) ,, and thank-you to everyone that replied , you guys were a great help :)